Mujhe Insaaf Chahiye
|Mujhe Insaaf Chahiye|
|Directed by||T. Rama Rao|
|Produced by||D. V. S. Raju|
|Written by||D. Rameswari|
Anand Bakshi (Lyrics)
|Cinematography||S. Gopala Reddy|
Mujhe Insaaf Chahiye (English: I want justice) is an Indian Bollywood film directed by T. Rama Rao , produced by D. V. S. Raju released on 23 September 1983. The film stars Mithun Chakraborty, Rati Agnihotri, Rekha, Ranjeeta, Danny Denzongpa, Asrani. The film was a remake of Telugu film Nyayam Kavali. The movie portrayed the social issue of single parenthood, as similarly done in Kundan Shah's 2000 film Kya Kehna.
Malati (Rati Agnihotri), a young girl from a middle-class family meets Suresh Ray (Mithun Chakraborty), who is the son of a well-known lawyer Dayashankar Ray (Danny Denzongpa). After dating each other for some time, she finds that she is pregnant. When Suresh refuses to marry Malati, and she decides against aborting the baby, her parents throw her out and disown her. Left alone, she decides to take Suresh to court. She is supported in this fight by Shakuntala (Rekha), a lawyer who works for woman's rights, who also has an illegitimate daughter from Dayashankar Ray. The case gets much publicity and public support, and the judge rules in Malati's favor. At this point however, Malati refuses to marry Suresh and decides to raise the child on her own. In the meantime, Shakuntala dies of a heart attack, and Malati promises her to take care of her daughter, and carry on Shakuntala's work.
Years later Suresh and his wife (Ranjeeta), now married for some years and still childless, run into Malati again. It turns out that she has been raising her son all by herself, and he has turned out to be a very talented and well-adjusted young boy.
- Mithun Chakraborty ... Suresh Ray
- Rati Agnihotri ... Malati
- Rekha ... Shakuntala
- Ranjeeta ... Suresh's wife
- Danny Denzongpa ... Dayashankar Ray (Suresh's father)
- Asrani ... Abdul Lateef
- Seema Deo ... Mrs. Shanti Dayashankar Ray (Suresh's mother)
- Shreeram Lagoo ... Viswanath Agarwal (Malati's father)
- Shubha Khote ... Mrs. Agarwal (Malati's mother)
- Khushboo ... Child artist (Malati's sister)
|1||"I Love You"||Shailendra Singh, Asha Bhosle|
|2||"O Haseena"||Amit Kumar|
|3||"Laila O Meri Laila"||Amit Kumar|
|4||"Nahin Main Woh"||Asha Bhosle|
|5||"Prem Duddth Aaya"||Asha Bhosle, Abhijeet|
- D. V. S. Raju ... Head of Production
- V. Venkatraman ... Production Executive
- Narayanan ... Assistant(Helper)
- Rekha received a nomination for Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award, the only nomination for the film.
- Production executive
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|