Nakamura, Iyo-shi, Ehime-ken 799-3123|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Yosan Line|
|Distance||208.5 km from Takamatsu|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Disabled access||No - stairs needed to reach elevated platform|
|Station code||S06, U06|
|Opened||1 October 1963|
Mukaibara Station (向井原駅 Mukaibara-eki) is a railway station on the Yosan Line in Iyo, Ehime Prefecture, Japan. It is operated by JR Shikoku and is a junction station with dual station numbers "S06" and "U06". From here the Yosan Line divides into 2 branches. The older, original, branch along the coast has since 2014 been referred to as the Beloved Iyonada Line (愛ある伊予灘線 Ai aru iyonada-sen). Stations along it use the "S" prefix. Stations on the newer Uchiko branch use the "U" prefix.
The station is served by the JR Shikoku Yosan Line and is 208.5 km from the beginning of the line at Takamatsu. Only Yosan Line local trains stop at the station, those serving the Iyonada branch heading for Kōnokawa and those serving the Uchiko branch heading for Iyo-Ōhira. Eastbound local trains terminate at Matsuyama. Connections with other services are needed to travel further east of Matsuyama on the line.
The station, which is unstaffed, consists of a side platform serving a single elevated track. There is no station building, only a shelter for waiting passengers. Steps lead up to the platform and the station is thus no wheelchair accessible. Bicycle parking is available underneath the elevated station structure.
|Yosan Line (Iyonada Branch)|
|Yosan Line (Uchiko Branch)|
Japanese National Railways (JNR) opened the station on 1 October 1963 as a stop on the existing Yosan Line. On 3 March 1986 the station reopened after having been elevated and moved 100 m nearer to the previous station of Iyoshi. At the same time the Uchiko branch was opened and the station became the official start of the branch. With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, control of the station passed to JR Shikoku.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "向井原" [Mukaibara]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第2巻 四国西部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 2 Western Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. pp. 27, 69, 72. ISBN 9784062951616.
- "Mukaibara Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- "向井原駅" [Mukaibara Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 639. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 213–215. ISBN 4533029809.
|This Ehime Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|