This article may contain wording that promotes the subject through exaggeration of unnoteworthy facts.
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2019)
|Education||Btech from IIT Kanpur|
Mukesh Bansal is an Indian businessman who founded Indian fashion e-commerce company Myntra and currently serves as the CEO of cult.fit of which he is also the co-founder. Mukesh has been listed in the Best 40 Under 40 Entrepreneurs by Fortune magazine.
Bansal was born in Haridwar, Uttarakhand . He has done his BTech from IIT Kanpur. After graduating in 1997, he worked with Deloitte as a systems analyst in Chicago for two years. He was inspired by the dotcom boom that was progressing in San Francisco in full swing and moved to the Bay area in 1999. After giving up a job portal venture, which he started with a friend, Bansal worked at eWanted, Centrata, NexTag, newScale which were all early stage companies in Silicon Valley. His role in these startup included that of engineer and product manager across technology and business enterprises.
Bansal's experience at Silicon Valley propelled him to launch Myntra in 2007 along with Ashutosh Lawania and Vineet Saxena. Myntra was initially a personalised gifting startup and eventually turned into a foremost player in the fashion e-commerce segment. In 2014, Myntra was acquired by Flipkart for $330 million, which was the largest e-commerce related acquisition in India. Bansal continued as the chairman of Myntra board and managed the commerce and advertising platform until 2016.
After Flipkart's acquisition of Myntra, Mukesh joined Flipkart as Head of Commerce & Advertising Business. In this role Mukesh revamped the e-commerce company's talent philosophy. Under his leadership, Flipkart went on to achieve $5 billion in annual revenue.
Olympics Gold Quest
Mukesh is also on the board of Olympics Gold Quest, a non-profit foundation that promotes sports and games.
- The eternal entrepreneur, Mukesh Bansal (April 2016). "Mukesh Bansal: The eternal entrepreneur". Forbes India.
- Mukesh Bansal, Cure.fit plans expansion in India to go global in 2019, says. "Cure.fit plans expansion in India to go global in 2019, says Mukesh Bansal". Business Standard.
- Mukesh Bansal, The equity of fitness. "Mukesh Bansal: The equity of fitness". FORTUNE India.
- Mukesh Bansal, India's Hottest Business Leaders under 40: Building India's largest product personalisation platform was a challenge. "India's Hottest Business Leaders under 40: Building India's largest product personalisation platform was a challenge, says Myntra's Mukesh Bansal". THE ECONOMIC TIMES.
- Mukesh Bansal, An approachable taskmaster. "Mukesh Bansal: An approachable taskmaster". BUSINESS LINE- THE HINDU.
- As founder of India's largest fashion e-commerce site, this former software engineer led the company through its sale to Flipkart. "Mukesh Bansal". BOF.
- Premji Invest, Myntra raises $50 Mn from. "Myntra raises $50 Mn from Premji Invest". inc42.com.
- startup got right, No fashion faux pas for Myntra; what the. "No fashion faux pas for Myntra; what the startup got right". moneycontrol.com.
- Mukesh Bansal's success, The secret behind. "The secret behind Mukesh Bansal's success". rediff.com.
- call it quits, Why Flipkart's Mukesh Bansal decided to. "Why Flipkart's Mukesh Bansal decided to call it quits". BUSINESS TODAY.
- Mukesh Bansal, Myntra will be an iconic firm. "Myntra will be an iconic firm: Mukesh Bansal". DECCAN CHRONICLE.
- get a strategic position in Flipkart, Fashioning a new role: Myntra founder Mukesh Bansal may. "Fashioning a new role: Myntra founder Mukesh Bansal may get a strategic position in Flipkart". THE ECONOMIC TIMES.
- Mukesh Bansal: Episode II, A quintessential entrepreneur, the Myntra founder has decided to test himself all over again (2016). "A quintessential entrepreneur, the Myntra founder himself all over again". Forbes India. 2.
- quit Flipkart, Myntra founder Mukesh Bansal (2016). "Myntra founder Mukesh Bansal to quit Flipkart". NEWS18.COM.
- Flipkart is not really the news, Here is why Mukesh Bansal quitting (2016). "Here is why Mukesh Bansal quitting Flipkart is not really the news". FIRSTPOST.COM.
- taskmaster, Mukesh Bansal: An approachable. "Mukesh Bansal: An approachable taskmaster". The Hindu BusinessLine - info-tech.
- Ankit Nagori to also leave, One less Bansal at Flipkart as Myntra's Mukesh quits; senior executive. "One less Bansal at Flipkart as Myntra's Mukesh quits; senior executive Ankit Nagori to also leave". ECONOMIC TIMES.
- parent company Flipkart, Myntra.com hunts for new CEO after Mukesh Bansal's move (2015). "Myntra.com hunts for new CEO after Mukesh Bansal's move to parent company Flipkart". ECONOMIC TIMES.
- plans for Myntra, Merger, no. IPO, yes. Mukesh Bansal's (2014). "Merger, no. IPO, yes. Mukesh Bansal's plans for Myntra". FORTUNE INDIA.
- "Health and fitness platform Cure.fit renamed to Cult.fit after its flagship fitness vertical". afaqs!. Retrieved 2021-05-31.
- OGQ, Team (2018). "Team OGQ". olympicgoldquest.in.