Mukesh Chhabra with Imtiaz Ali at the ‘Khidkiyaan’ movie festival
|Born||27 May 1980|
|Occupation||Actor, casting director, acting workshop director|
Mukesh Chhabra  is a Mumbai-based casting director, acting workshop director, and actor who has cast several actors for movies including director Vikas Bahl's Chillar Party, Anurag Kashyap's Gangs of Wasseypur, Abhishek Kapoor's Kai Po Che and Nikhil Advani's D-Day, he will make directorial debut in 2018 with the movie The Fault in Our Stars’ remake Based on the novel by John Green. Sushant Singh Rajput has been confirmed as the lead role for the Hindi remake.
Chhabra graduated from Delhi University with an acting diploma from the Shri Ram Centre for Performing Arts. He completed a six-year acting and teaching stint with the ‘Theatre in Education’ Company (TIE) affiliated with the National School of Drama.(NSD)
Chhabra came to Mumbai in 2007 and worked as an Assistant Casting Director before setting up his own casting company. His first film as independent casting director was the small budget film Chintuji. His casting for the film Chillar Party won him accolades based on which director Anurag Kashyap engaged him for the casting of his crime thriller Gangs of Wasseypur and also its sequel.
Subsequently, Chhabra did the casting for films of different genres like Kai Po Che, Shahid, Chennai Express, Jai Ho, Hasee To Phasee, Mastram and D-day Apart from films, he's also done casting for TVCs. In his career, Chhabra has employed several unconventional casting methods. For example, he spotted the budding actor Irfan Khan, who played the character 'Fatka' in the film Chillar Party, on the streets of Mumbai. Chhabra's democratic style of auditioning has previously invited nuisance value from potential actors.
Actor Rajkumar Yadav (now Rajkumar Rao) was chosen to play one of the leads for the film Kai Po Che only on Chhabra's insistence. Rao's talent in the film won him critical acclaim and later Chhabra cast him in Shahid as the leading man.
|2019||Kizie Aur Manny|
|2014||Hasee to Phasee|
|2013||That Day After Every Day|
|2013||Kai Po Che|
|2013||Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana|
|2013||Gangs of Wasseypur|
|2013||Teen The Bhai|
Acting Workshop Director
|2013||Kai Po Che|
|2012||Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana|
|2016||I Don't Watch TV||Himself|
|2013||Vakratunda Mahakaya||Man in the Bus|
|2012||Luv Shuv De Chicken Khurana||Lovely|
|2012||Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2||Nawab|
|2011||Chillar Party||Panuti's Guest|
|2006||Rang De Basanti||Manmath Nath|
|TBA||Kizie Aur Manny||Debut|
- "My directorial debut a love story: Mukesh Chhabra". The Indian Express. 2016-01-23. Retrieved 2017-10-06.
- "Sushant Singh Rajput locked for The Fault In Our Stars remake". hindustantimes.com/. 2017-10-06. Retrieved 2017-10-06.
- "Theatre of Dreams - Indian Express". Archive.indianexpress.com. 2013-08-23. Retrieved 2014-06-08.
- "'D-Day': It's gripping and has gravitas - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-07-19. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Meet casting director Mukesh Chhabra: The man behind films like Gangs of Wasseypur, Shahid, Highway | Times of India Blogs". Blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-09-15. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "When Raj Kumar Yadav faced rejection for Kai Po Che! - NDTV". Movies.ndtv.com. 2013-03-03. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Film | Raj Kumar | Shahid". Time Out Mumbai. 2013-10-09. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "MEET AAMIR KHAN'S WRESTLER DAUGHTERS".
|This biographical article related to film in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|