|20th Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan|
|Assumed office |
20 April 2018
|Preceded by||Sapar Isakov|
22 August 2017 – 26 August 2017
|Preceded by||Sooronbay Jeenbekov|
|Succeeded by||Sapar Isakov|
|First Deputy Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan|
13 April 2016 – 22 August 2017
|Prime Minister||Sooronbay Jeenbekov|
|Preceded by||Tairbek Sarpashev|
|Succeeded by||Tolkunbek Abdygulov|
|Born||20 January 1968|
Kochkor, Kirghiz SSR, Soviet Union (now Kyrgyzstan)
Mukhammedkalyi Abylgaziev (Kyrgyz: Мухамметкалый Дүйшекеевич (Дүйшеке уулу) Абылгазиев, romanized: Muhammetqalí Düyşekeyeviç (Düyşeke uulu) Abılğaziyev, [muχɑmːetqɑˈlɯj dyjʃeˈkejevɪtʃ ɑbɯɫɢɑˈzijɪf]; born 20 January 1968) is a Kyrgyz politician who has served as the Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan since 20 April 2018.
Early life and education
Abylgaziev was born on 20 January 1968 in the Kochkor District of the Naryn Oblast in the Kyrgyz SSR. In 1994 he graduated from the Agricultural Institute named after Constantin Scriabine with a specialization in Agronomy. In 1997 he graduated from the Faculty of Economics and Business at the International University of Kyrgyzstan.
Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan
He was the acting Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan from 22 August to 26 August 2017. He was appointed following Sooronbay Jeenbekov's resignation to contest the October 2017 presidential election. Abulgaziyev previously served as Deputy Prime Minister. On April 20, 2018, he was reappointed Prime Minister by President Sooronbay Jeenbekov, after Prime Minister Sapar Isakov’s Government was sacked. On April 25, the new government was sworn in.
Since his appointment, Abylgaziev has met frequently his counterparts who are heads of government, including with Kazakh Prime Minister Bakhytzhan Sagintayev, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Since 20 April 2018:
- Prime Minister – Himself
- Deputy Prime Ministers
- Kubatbek Boronov
- Jenish Razakov
- Altynai Omurbekov
- Zamirbek Askarov
- Minister of Foreign Affairs – Chingiz Aidarbekov
- Minister of Agriculture, Food Industry and Melioration – Nurbek Murashev
- Minister of the Economy – Oleg Pankratov
- Minister of Education and Science – Gulmira Kudayberdieva
- Minister of Emergency Situations – Nurbolot Mirzakhmedov
- Minister of Culture, Information and Tourism – Azamat Zhamankulov
- Minister of Finance – Baktygul Zheenbaeva
- Minister of Health Care – Kosmosbek Cholponbaev
- Minister of Internal Affairs – Kashkar Junushaliev
- Minister of Justice – Marat Jamankulov
- Minister of Labor, Employment, and Migration – Ulukbek Kochkorov
- Minister of Transportation – Zhanat Beyshenov
- Chairman of the State Committee for National Security – Idris Kadyrkulov
- Chairman of the State Committee for Defense Affairs – Erlis Terdikbayev
- Chairman of the State Committee for Industry, Energy and Subsoil – Emil Osmonbetov
- Chairman of the State Committee of Information Technologies and Communications – Bakyt Sharshembiev
- Kyrgyz Parliament Approves New Prime Minister, Cabinet
- "Atambaev Accepts Jeenbekov's Resignation, Appoints Interim Kyrgyz PM". Radio Liberty/Radio free Europe. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "ПЕРВЫЙ ВИЦЕ-ПРЕМЬЕР-МИНИСТР | Официальный сайт Правительства КР". www.gov.kg (in Russian). Retrieved 23 August 2017.
| Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan
| Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan
|This article about a politician from Kyrgyzstan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|