Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Director Gifty|
|Produced by||Vivek Ohri|
|Music by||JSL Singh|
|Distributed by||Eros International|
|Box office||₹8.16 crore (US$1.1 million)|
Mukhtiar Chadha is a Punjabi romantic comedy film starring Diljit Dosanjh and Oshin Brar. The film is directed and written by Director Gifty while it is produced by Ohri Productions & Wahid Sandhar Showbiz and by presentation of Eros International. The other roles are done by Yashpal Sharma, Kiran Juneja, Vikash Kumar, Jaswant Rathore and Rajasthani comedian Khayali. Dialogues of the film are written by Raman Jangwal & Manoj Sabberwal.
- Diljit Dosanjh as Mukhtiar Chadha
- Oshin Brar as Dimple
- Yashpal Sharma as Chidi Hussain
- Kiran Juneja as Mukhtiar's Mother
- Inderpal Singh as Mukhtiar's maternal uncle
- Vikash Kumar as Scientist
Mukhtiar Chadha (Diljit Dosanjh) is a Delhi-based jack of trades, without a stable source of income. He lives with his widowed mother (Kiran Juneja), and does a variety of professions including being a property dealer, and sometimes being a con-artist. He is also an avid investor in stocks. Mukhtiar also falls in love with his neighbor (Oshin Brar), though the girl’s father does not approve of him.
Trouble arises for Mukhtiar, when he brokers a land deal, but the buyers (Yashpal Sharma and Khayali Ram) illegally grab his client's land by only making a part payment to his client. Mukhtiar fights those goons and manages to defeat them.
Planning and Shooting
Director Gifty (Chetan Parwana) and Diljit Dosanjh decided about movie while working on music track called Kharku. Yashpal Sharma claimed he was funniest villain ever to be seen in Punjabi cinema and termed the film as hardcore comedy. Oshin Brar was also part of music video Kharku when she was offered this film. She had to walk barefoot on desert sand while shooting the movie song Main Deewani at Jaisalmer thus burning her feet and in conditions of temperature 55 degree Celsius she was dehydrated.
During Promotions Diljit revealed his character Mukhtiar Singh Chadha is seen with a typical Delhi Sikh trader accent, for which he took diction classes in Old Delhi. Oshin Brar also visited an education institute in Hisar for the promotions. For promotions of Dilwale and Mukhtiar Chadha together on an entertainment channel, Diljit also interviewed Shah Rukh Khan where SRK pulled off a mimicry of Chadhaji’s character successfully to Diljit in Chaddaji’s language saying famous dialogue assisted by Kriti Sanon alongside Dilwale team, Varun Dhawan and Rohit Shetty for Dubsmash video.
Mukhtiar Chadha has music from JSL Singh and lyrics by rapper Ikka Singh.
- Shoon Shaan - Diljit Dosanjh
- Main Deewani - Nooran Sisters
- Click Click - Diljit Dosanjh
- Gapuchi Gapuchi Gum Gum - Diljit Dosanjh
- Gun Vargi Bolian Pave - Diljit Dosanjh
- Kol Kinare - Diljit Dosanjh
Mukhtiar Chadha was released in 85 cinema halls in the five key international markets on 27 November like Canada, UK, US, Australia, and New Zealand. It did decent business collecting ₹2.31 crore (US$320,000) at the overseas box office in 10 days.
CNN-IBN in their movie review by Divya Pal and live Twitter review appreciated the movie and actor Diljit Dosanjh. Hindustan Times reviewed the movie as good watch and stated Diljit Dosanjh’s comic timing makes it a fun film with a laughter guarantee for a good part of it. Jasmine Singh of The Tribune wrote that Diljit has definitely showed yet again that he is a spontaneous actor who can act without a storyline and also the film has a lot of fun-filled moments. Punjabi channels like ABP Sanjha and Hamdard TV gave very positive reviews to the film.
- "We follow the principle of professionalism: Vivek Ohri".
- Team, indiantelevision.com (10 October 2015). "Eros acquires worldwide rights of Diljit Dosanjh's 'Mukhtiar Chadha'". Indian Television Dot Com. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "Diljit Dosanjh's 'Mukhtiar Chadha' to release on Nov 27". hindustantimes.com. 9 October 2015. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "MUKHTIAR CHADHA (12A)". British Board of Film Classification. 23 November 2015. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- "All Punjabi Movies Box Office Collection List".
- "Mukhtiar Chadha Punjabi Movie". SimplyBhangra. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- India (9 October 2015). "Eros to release Diljit Dosanjh's 'Mukhtiar Chadha' on November 27". The Indian Express. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "Diljit Dosanjh starrer 'Mukhtiar Chadha' to release on November 27". IBNLive. 10 October 2015. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "A film works only if it can establish a connection with the audience". Box Office India : India’s premier film trade magazine. 14 November 2015. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "My film will change perceptions about Punjabi comedy films, says actor Yashpal".
- "Another debutante, Oshin has her eyes set on Punjabi film industry".
- "ये एक्ट्रेस पहले अपने नाम के साथ लगाती थी साईं, देखें तस्वीरें".
- "When Oshin ran barefoot in 55 degrees heat".
- "I knew I'd be an instant hit… but I faced a lot of competition: Dosanjh ahead of Mukhtiar Chadha".
- "ओम शिक्षण संस्था की गतिविधियां देखने पहुंचीं पंजाबी फिल्म अभिनेत्री औसीन बरार".
- "Shah Rukh Khan loves Diljit Dosanjh 'from the core of his mind'".
- "SRK Pulls off Dubsmash Hit 'Chadhaji's Mimicry".
- "Planning to watch Diljit Dosanjh's 'Mukhtiar Chadha'? Here's an exciting opportunity to win free movie tickets".
- "Watch: Diljit Dosanjh aka Mukhtiar Chadha romances Oshin Sai in the new song 'Main Deewani'".
- "Mukhtiar Chadha released its new track "Click Click"".
- "'Mukhtiar Chadha' trailer: Diljit Dosanjh is back to leave you in splits".
- Hooli, Shekhar H (8 December 2015). "Judge Singh LLB affects Mukhtiar Chadha's collection at box office in opening weekend". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "'Mukhtiar Chadha' review: Diljit Dosanjh wins hearts in this part-predictable, part-obscure comedy".
- "Diljit Dosanjh's 'Mukhtiar Chadha': Live tweet review".
- "Mukhtiar Chadha review: Diljit Dosanjh's film is cliched but funny".
- "MOVIE REVIEW: MUKHTIAR CHADHA Diljit saves the lean day".
- "mukhtiar chadha review". Punjabi News (in Punjabi). 27 November 2015. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- "ਮੂਵੀ ਰੀਵੀਊ ਖਬਰਾਂ". Hamdard TV (in Punjabi). 3 November 2015. Retrieved 27 November 2015.