Муху Гимбатович Алиев
|2nd President of Dagestan|
February 20, 2006 – February 20, 2010
|Preceded by||Magomedali Magomedov|
|Succeeded by||Magomedsalam Magomedov|
|Born||August 6, 1940|
Khunzakhsky District, RSFSR, USSR
Mukhu Gimbatovich Aliyev (Russian: Муху́ Гимба́тович Али́ев, Russian pronunciation: [mʊˈxu ɡʲɪmˈbatəvʲɪtɕ ɐˈlʲiɪf]; Avar: Мухӏу Гӏалиев; born August 6, 1940) was the President of the Republic of Dagestan, a federal subject of Russia. He was born in the village of Tanusi, Khunzakhsky District, Dagestan ASSR, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union. Ethnically, he is Avar. He was the speaker of the Republic's parliament before being accepted as the President by the Dagestan parliament on February 20, 2006, having been nominated by the Russian President Vladimir Putin to replace Dagestan's long-time leader Magomedali Magomedov.
Aliyev was succeeded by Magomedsalam Magomedov on February 20, 2010. In line with the Russian Federation's constitution, Magomedov was nominated by federal President Dmitry Medvedev and approved by the republic's People's Assembly.
Honours and awards
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland:
- 2nd class (February 18, 2010) – for services to the state and personal contribution to the socio-economic development of the republic
- 3rd class (November 14, 2005) – for outstanding contribution to strengthening Russian statehood and the merits of legislative activity
- 4th class (December 25, 2000) – for his courage and dedication shown during the performance of their civic duty to protect the constitutional order of the Republic of Dagestan, strengthening friendship and cooperation between nations and years of diligent work
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour
- Order of the Badge of Honour
Although reign of Mukhu Aliyev was smooth without any major breakthroughs Mukhu is famous in Dagestan in standing against transfer of two villages located on Russia/Azerbaijan border to Azerbaijan.
- Nabi Abdullaev (February 22, 2006). "Mukhu Aliyev New President". The St. Petersburg Times.
- Dagestan's second president inaugurated, set to combat terrorism, RIA Novosti, Moscow, 20/02/10.Retrieved May 15, 2010.
| President of Dagestan