Mulholland Estates is a guard gated community in the Santa Monica Mountains of Southern California. Although properties in the estate have a 90210 zip code and thus a Beverly Hills address, it is actually part of the Beverly Hills Post Office area within the City of Los Angeles, with much of the land located inside the Sherman Oaks district. The community's main entrance is located at Beverly Glen Boulevard and Mulholland Drive, next to Fossil Ridge Park, and it looks out to the San Fernando Valley.
Access to Fossil Ridge Park on the community's west side used to be blocked by Mulholland Estates security guards. However, since 2011, members of the public are allowed to drive or walk on Westpark Road, which is inside Mulholland Estates, to have access to the park. However, parking on Westpark Road is not allowed.
The community was developed by Kenneth Kai Chang, with Chang, Alfred E. Mann and Robert A. Sandler as the "primary investors". Chang had planned to build a "luxury restaurant" on Mulholland Drive as well as "100 condominiums and 29 single-family homes", but decided to build 95 luxury homes instead. Fred Sands acted as the original real estate agent. When it was under construction in 1988, it was described as "one of the Valley's biggest and most brash housing developments" by The Los Angeles Times.
- Crouch, Gregory (October 30, 1988). "Subdivision Claims Beverly Hills Style--in Sherman Oaks". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 1, 2017.
Real estate agents and fellow developers say Chang's 188-acre project is worthy of a Beverly Hills address, even if it is in Sherman Oaks.
- Romero, Dennis (May 26, 2011). "Charlie Sheen's Mulholland Estates House Sale: Buy It, Then Boil It". LA Weekly. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area: Paleontological Survey, 2004 p. 18
- "Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy: Memorandum to Fossil Ridge Park Visitors and the Mulholland Estates Homeowners Association" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-11-26. Retrieved 2014-08-30.
- Levin, Myron (October 1, 1991). "Fossil Ridge Park Dedicated, but Not Ready". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- Getlin, Josh (March 25, 1982). "Issue Reshapes Alliances. Mulholland Restaurant Plan Stirs Up Old Debate On Growth". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 1, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- David, Mark (April 15, 2013). "UPDATE: Christina Aguilera". Variety. Retrieved December 1, 2017.
- David, Mark (August 23, 2007). "Paris Hilton's New Pad". Variety. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- Halberg, Morgan (October 25, 2017). "Kendall Jenner Opted For Beverly Hills This Time Around". The New York Observer. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- Avila, William (January 12, 2017). "DJ Khaled Gets the Keys to Robbie Williams' Mulholland Estates Mansion". NBC Los Angeles. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- Leitereg, Neal J. (September 5, 2017). "Tyler Perry lands a modern mansion in Mulholland Estates for $14.5 million". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- David, Mark (June 15, 2016). "British Pop Star Robbie Williams Lists Celeb-Pedigreed Los Angeles Mansion". Variety. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
|This Los Angeles–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|