Air Choice One
|Founded||1979 (as Multi-Aero Corporation)|
|Company slogan||"Your Personal Service Airline"|
|Parent company||Multi-Aero, Inc.|
|Headquarters||St. Louis, Missouri, USA|
|Key people||Shane Storz (CEO)
Darnea Wood (CFO)
Multi-Aero, Inc., doing business as (d/b/a) Air Choice One, is an American airline with its headquarters in Concord, Missouri in Greater St. Louis. It acts as a regional airline offering commuter flights from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, O'Hare International Airport and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport to smaller regional airports, subsidized under the Essential Air Service program.
In January 2013 the DOT granted Air Choice One a three-year contract extension for both Decatur, Illinois and Burlington, Iowa. As a stipulation for obtaining both extensions Air Choice One implemented systems for electronic ticketing and baggage agreements via WorldSpan (a part of the global distribution system, or GDS) in December 2012. This allows passengers to book tickets with connections to and from other major airlines on popular travel websites in a "one-click" process, as opposed to buying tickets at one airline and then having to book tickets with another on two separate confirmations.
In February 2014 Air Choice One was awarded by the DOT a four-year extension on their Jonesboro, Arkansas EAS contract. In the same month, there were three proposals sent out by them to the following cities for EAS service: Ironwood, Michigan, Fort Dodge, Iowa, and Mason City, Iowa.
In March 2014 Muscle Shoals, Alabama city and airport leaders visited the Air Choice One headquarters to consider its EAS contract bid for Northwest Alabama Regional Airport, however the contract was awarded to SeaPort Airlines and later Boutique Air to begin service in 2016. Previously in 2011, Air Choice One submitted a proposal to the US DOT to serve Muscle Shoals with flights to either Atlanta, Nashville or Memphis. Pending acceptance of the proposal, the airline was planning to begin flights in as little as 30 days. The airline never commenced service to Muscle Shoals.
- Burlington, IA
- Chicago, IL
- Decatur, IL
- Fort Dodge, IA
- Ironwood, MI
- Jackson, TN
- Jonesboro, AR
- Mason City, IA
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
- St. Louis, MO
Top served cities
|City||Daily departures||Number of parking spots||Cities served nonstop||Service began|
- St. Louis, MO (Primary, Crew Base)
- Chicago, IL (Secondary)
- Ironwood, MI (Crew Base)
- Mason City, IA (Crew Base)
Air Choice One operates a fleet of eleven single engine Cessna 208B Grand Caravan aircraft. All of their Cessna Caravan sport an all leather interior, with two aircraft in a club seating configuration and nine in an all-forward-facing configuration. There has been some talk in the EAS community about them adding additional larger aircraft.
|Cessna 208B Grand Caravan
|Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX||4||0||9||A new 2017 208B Grand Caravan EX was delivered on March 22, 2017.|
- "Facebook - Info.". Retrieved on July 19, 2011. "12300 Old Tesson Road Suite 200-F St. Louis 63128"
- "Air Choice One begins offering flights to St. Louis". Kirksville Daily Express. 2008-08-01. Archived from the original on 2009-08-26. Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- "About Air Choice One - The Company". Air Choice One. Archived from the original on 2009-08-26. Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- Freeman, Huey. Decatur a step closer to restoring air service to O'Hare, Herald & Review, October 23, 2009, Retrieved 2009-10-23
- Crippes, Christina Regional airport gets choice of new carrier, The Hawk Eye, October 23, 2009, Retrieved 2009-10-27
- "Air Choice One to fly into Jonesboro as new EAS carrier". HarrisonDaily.com. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Air Choice One JBR Flight Schedule" (PDF). Air Choice One. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- Voyles, Ryan Way cleared for Air Choice One to serve Decatur for three more years, Herald Review, January 8, 2013, Retrieved 2013-02-24
- Air Choice One has been granted a three-year extension to its current Department of Transportation Essential Air Service Contract which provides air service for the community of Burlington, Fort Madison Daily Democrat, January 11, 2013, Retrieved 2013-02-24
- "DOT extends Air Choice One EAS contract in Jonesboro AR. by four years". Air Choice One website. 2014-02-25. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Can airport set agreement with airline?". Your Daily Globe. 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Great Lakes, Air Choice One Airlines Submit Fort Dodge Proposals". Your Fort Dodge. 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Two proposals received for air service to Mason City". GlobeGazette. 2014-02-28. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "2 carriers show interest in Shoals airport". WAAF-TV. 2014-03-12. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- "SeaPort calling it quits after less than a year". TimesDaily. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Boutique Air secures Muscle Shoals, AL EAS contract". ch-aviation. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- McLaughlin, Budd (October 14, 2011). "Missouri air carrier proposes serving Northwest Alabama Regional Airport". The Huntsville Times.
- "DOT Awards EAS Contract for Ironwood, MI to Air Choice One". Air Choice One. 2014-04-18. Retrieved 2014-04-19.
- Skipper, John (September 12, 2014). "Air Choice One to start service Nov. 17; $59 flight to Chicago". Retrieved 2014-09-25.
- "Air Choice One Destinations". Air Choice One. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "Facebook Photo Album Cessna Grand Caravan Interior Photos". Air Choice One Facebook Page. 2012-02-20. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Here we go again...". EAS Flights. 2012-05-22. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Air Choice One Takes Delivery of Next Generation Cessna Caravan". EPR News. Retrieved 24 March 2017.