Multi Commodity Exchange
- "MCX" is also the Roman numeral for 1110.
|Traded as||BSE: 534091|
|Founded||10 Nov. 2003|
|Mr. Satyananda Mishra, IAS (Retd.), Chairman; P. K. Singhal, Joint Managing Director|
|Revenue||Rs. 3326.40 million (April 2014 to March 2015) ( Source: Annual Report 2014-15)|
Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) (BSE: 534091) is an independent commodity exchange based in India. It was established in 2003 and is based in Mumbai. The turnover of the exchange for the fiscal year 2014-15 was Rs. 51.84 lakh crore (Source: MCX AR 2014-15), and in terms of contracts traded, it was in 2009 the world's sixth largest commodity exchange. () MCX offers futures trading in bullion, non-ferrous metals, energy, and a number of agricultural commodities (mentha oil, cardamom, crude, palm oil, cotton and others).
In February 2012, MCX had come out with a public issue of 6,427,378 Equity Shares of Rs. 10 face value in price band of Rs. 860 to Rs. 1032 per equity share to raise around $134 million. It was the first ever IPO by an Indian exchange.
From September 28, 2015, MCX is being regulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). Earlier MCX was regulated by the Forward Markets Commission (FMC), which got merged with the SEBI on September 28, 2015.
- MCX is India's No. 1 commodity exchange with 84% market share in 2014-15
- The exchange's main competitor is National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Ltd ()
- In 2014, the futures contracts on Gold, Silver, Copper, Crude Oil offered by MCX ranked among the top 20 global futures contracts in their respective segments (2014 FIA Annual Volume Survey).
- The highest traded item is gold.
- MCX has several strategic alliances with leading exchanges across the globe
- As of early 2014-15, the normal daily turnover of MCX was Rs. 20,328.26 crore
- MCX now reaches out to about 1879 cities and towns in India with the help of about 4,86,000 trading terminals (including CTCL) (as on march 31, 2015)
- MCX COMDEX is India's first and only composite commodity futures price index
|Aluminium, Aluminium Mini, Copper, Copper Mini, Lead, Lead Mini, Nickel, Nickel Mini, Zinc, Zinc Mini||Gold, Gold M, Gold Guinea, Gold Petal, Silver, Silver M, Silver Micro|
|Cardamom, Cotton, Crude Palm Oil, Kapas, Kapasia Khali, Mentha Oil||Brent Crude Oil, Crude Oil, Natural Gas|
Kotak Mahindra Bank), Aginyx Enterprises Ltd; IFCI Ltd; Blackstone GPV Capital Partners Mauritius VI FII Ltd; Rakesh Radheyshyam Jhunjhunwala; IDFC Premier Equity Fund; The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Axis Mutual Funds; Bennett, Coleman and Company Ltd; Reliance Mutual Fund; Valiant Mauritius Partners Ltd; Valiant Mauritius Partners Offshore Ltd; Corporation Bank, Intel Capital (Mauritius) Ltd; Religare Finvest Ltd; DSP Blackrock Mutual Fund. (as on March 31, 2015)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Multi Commodity Exchange.|