|Industry||Automotive manufacturing and engineering|
|Headquarters||Markham, Ontario |
Multimatic Inc. is a privately held Canadian corporation supplying engineered components, systems and services to the global automotive industry. Headquartered in Markham, Ontario, Multimatic has manufacturing divisions and engineering facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, and alliance partnerships worldwide.
The company's core competencies include the engineering and manufacturing of complex mechanisms, body hardware, suspension systems, and body structures, as well as the design and development of lightweight composite automotive systems. In addition, Multimatic delivers niche vehicle design, development, and production for road and race car applications. Multimatic was ranked 99 on the Automotive News 2018 Top 100 Global OEM parts suppliers list and 57 in their list of the largest suppliers to North America, ranked by sales of original equipment parts in 2017.
The company has also provided engineering input on the Aston Martin V12 Zagato, Aston Martin CC100, and Aston Martin Vulcan models, as well as lightweight sports cars by VUHL and Zenos.
In May 2015 it was announced that Multimatic would build the petrol-electric hybrid London taxi, Kamkorp’s Metrocab. The new factory, helped by a £50m investment, is to be at Ansty Park near Coventry and 3,500 cars per year will be produced.
The company also markets the patented Multimatic DSSV (Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve) damper through its Dynamic Suspensions brand. DSSV dampers are characterized by the use of spool valves in place of conventional flexible shims. Primary among benefits cited in the 2010 patent filing is the elimination of performance ambiguity associated with flexible shims, resulting in mathematically predictable, repeatable, and robust pressure-flow characteristics. Multimatic also claims damper-to-damper manufacturing variance within two percent in the case of their hand-built racing dampers (with closer-to-typical variance in road car applications), as compared to contemporary industry variance of up to twelve percent for shim dampers.
Following the design's initial success with Newman/Haas Racing's title-winning 2002 CART season, Multimatic DSSV dampers have been series-mandated as the official damper of the Champ Car Atlantic Series in 2006-2007, the U.S. F2000 National Championship from 2011, the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft (DTM) from 2012, Indy Lights from 2015; the GT500 class of Japan’s Super GT series, Mazda MX-5 Cup (ND) from 2016, and the Pro Mazda Championship from 2018. DSSV dampers were also supplied for Red Bull Racing's four consecutive Formula One titles from 2010-2013, and have equipped nearly half the field at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Road car DSSV applications include the Aston Martin One-77, Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (Fifth-Generation), Aston Martin Vulcan, Mercedes-AMG GT base model, 2017+ Ford GT, Chevrolet Colorado ZR2, and 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE.
- "| Multimatic Inc. - Global Automotive Supplier". Multimatic.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- // Engineering. "Product Engineering | Multimatic Inc. - Global Automotive Supplier". Multimatic.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "2018 Automotive News TOP SUPPLIERS". autonews.com. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- // Engineering. "Road Vehicles | Multimatic Inc. - Global Automotive Supplier". Multimatic.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "2012 Toronto Auto Show: Aston Martin One-77 has Canadian connection". Wheels.Ca. 2012-02-15. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Ford turns to Ontario's Multimatic to make GT concept car - Business - CBC News". Cbc.ca. 2015-02-13. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Aston Martin Shows New Design Direction With CC100 Speedster Concept". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Aston Martin Vulcan Unveiled at Geneva | Multimatic Inc. - Global Automotive Supplier". Multimatic.com. 2015-03-06. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- Greg Emmerson (2013-06-10). "NEW IMAGE OF THE VUHL 05 RELEASED - European Car". Superstreetonline.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- TheBusinessDesk.com: Further taxi boost for Coventry with £50m investment in new production facilities
- Press release: Metrocab confirms production partnership with global manufacturing specialist, Multimatic
- // Engineering. "Race Engineering Support | Multimatic Inc. - Global Automotive Supplier". Multimatic.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Holt, Laurence J.; O'Flynn, Damian; Tomlin, Andrew (Aug 12, 2014), Hydraulic damper spool valve, retrieved 2016-05-17
- Brian Makse (2014-04-22), 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Z/28 Track Review, retrieved 2016-05-17
- "Bourdais and Junqueira Join Multimatic Motorsports Team Panoz for Sebring". Multimatic Motorsports. 2006-02-28. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- "DSSV™ Damping Technology for New Atlantic Series". Multimatic Inc. - Global Automotive Supplier. 2006-02-06. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Andersen Promotions (Jan 27, 2010). "Dynamic Dampers Will Be Required in Top Class of USF2000 Series" (PDF). USF2000.com. Andersen Promotions. Retrieved May 17, 2016.
- "DSSV™ Dampers for Motorsports". Multimatic Inc. - Global Automotive Supplier. 2013-06-10. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Andersen Promotions (May 17, 2016). "2015 Indy Lights Regulations" (PDF). Hardcard.Indycar.Com. Indycar.com. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Le Mans Co.,LTD. | Products | Multimatic". www.lemans.co.jp. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- David Cook (2016-07-14), Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Dynamic Dampers, retrieved 2017-07-13
- "Tatuus PM-18". www.promazda.com. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- "Red Bull RB6 - F1technical.net". www.f1technical.net. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- "Red Bull RB7 - F1technical.net". www.f1technical.net. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- "Red Bull RB8 - F1technical.net". www.f1technical.net. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Team, Red Bull Racing Formula One. "RB9 | Red Bull Racing Formula One Team". Red Bull Racing Formula One Team. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Nesbitt, Wally. "Multimatic DSSV Is The Damper of Choice at Le Mans". www.insidetracknews.com. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- "Aston Martin One-77 at Geneva". Evo. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- "Camaro Z/28 taps F1 suppliers for maximum performance - SAE International". articles.sae.org. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Crask, Andrew. "Aston Martin reveals Vulcan track day car". www.racer.com. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- "Get under the skin of the 2016 Mercedes-AMG GT S". Road & Track. 2014-10-14. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- "Ford GT Specifications" (PDF). Ford Performance. 7 February 2017.
- "2017 Colorado ZR2: Off-Road Truck | Chevrolet". www.chevrolet.com. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE Sets Benchmark for Track Capability". media.gm.com. Retrieved 2017-03-08.