List of multiple-system operators
(Redirected from Multiple-system operator)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
A multiple-system operator (MSO) is an operator of multiple cable or direct-broadcast satellite television systems. A cable system in the United States, by Federal Communications Commission (FCC) definition, is a facility serving a single community or a distinct governmental entity, each of which has its own franchise agreement with the cable company. Though in the strictest sense any cable company that serves multiple communities is an MSO, the term today is usually reserved for companies that own multiple cable systems, such as Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, and Videotron in Canada; Altice USA, Charter Communications, Comcast and Cox Communications in the United States; or Virgin Media in the UK.
Top multichannel video service providers in the United States by number of subscribers
- All data from Leichtman Research Group, Inc. except where noted
|Rank||MSO name||Brand||Total subscribers||Technology|
|3||DirecTV||DirecTV, DirecTV Stream||13,100,000||Satellite and IPTV|
|4||Dish Network||Dish Network||7,416,000||Satellite|
|5||YouTube (Google)||YouTube TV||5,000,000||IPTV|
|10||Dish Network||Sling TV||2,334,000||IPTV|
Top multichannel video service providers outside of US, by number of subscribers
- List of countries by number of broadband Internet subscriptions
- List of countries by number of Internet users
- List of countries by number of telephone lines in use
- List of countries by smartphone penetration
- List of mobile network operators
- List of telephone operating companies
- Multichannel television in the United States
- Triple play (telecommunications)
- ^ "Major Pay-TV Providers Lost About 5,900,000 Subscribers in 2022". Leichtman Research Group. March 3, 2023. Retrieved 13 March 2023.
- ^ "How many subscribers does YouTube TV have?". Digitaltrends. July 22, 2022. Retrieved 10 Oct 2022.
- ^ "Numericable-SFR regagne enfin des clients sur le marché mobile". 15 March 2016. Nextimpact.com, 15 March 2016
- ^ "【下篇】三大运营商宽带达3.18亿用户！31省市广电宽带发展汇总 - 有线网络数字电视 - 众视广电网 有线运营商- GFIC中国MSO峰会 - 众视媒体 - 读懂运营商OTT家庭娱乐与流量经营". www.asiaott.com. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- ^ "Source in Chinese". Archived from the original on 31 July 2018. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- ^ "Hostbasket is the hosting and cloud computing offer of Telenet". Cableeurope.eu. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- ^ "Company report of Q1-Q2 2017 (in Chinese)" (PDF). Retrieved Jul 9, 2020.
- ^  Archived July 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "OCN东方有线". www.ocn.net.cn. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- ^ "CJ HelloVision - Error". eng.cjhellovision.com. Archived from the original on April 19, 2010.
- ^ "새로운공간, 새로운세상의 만남 Tbroad". Tbroad.com. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- ^  Archived March 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "Best Internet Service Provider in Kerala | About Us". Asianet broadband. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- ^ "Internet Fibra óptica, TV, Telefonía móvil y Fijo | ONO". Ono.es. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- ^ "upc cablecom | Digital TV, Internet, Telefon". Cablecom.ch. Retrieved 2016-01-06.
- ^ "Cable operators of Kerala to push broadband, OTT service". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- ^ a b "ANACOM - Subscription television service - 2nd quarter 2013". Anacom.pt. Retrieved 2016-01-06.