14 January 1985|
|Notable work||Zakia in the American series 'sense 8' as of 2015|
Mumbi Maina made her debut in the entertainment world in 2008 when she starred in the film Unseen, Unsung, Unforgotten as Riziki. She appeared alongside Benta Ochieng' and Nice Githinji. The story mainly focused on HIV/AIDS. In 2011, she was cast as one of the leads in the Kenyan soap opera Mali. In November 2011, she shared credits with Rita Dominic and Robert Burale in the film Shattered. In early 2015, she starred in the television series How to Find a Husband. She plays Jackie, who is friends with Abigail and Carol. She works alongside Lizz Njagah and Sarah Hassan.
Film and television
|2008||Unseen, Unsung, Unforgotten||Riziki||Film|
|2014||Jane & Abel||Cecelia||Lead role|
|2015||How to Find a Husband||Jackie||Lead role|
|2016||news just in||herself||guest role|
|2017||Sense8||Zakia||Recurring role; 6 episodes|
- "Mumbi Maina's biography". actors.co.ke. Retrieved October 29, 2015.
- "Unseen, Unsung, Unforgotten". diasporamessenger.com. Retrieved October 29, 2015.
- "U,U, U synopsis". berlinale-talents.de. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- "Mali, United by blood:Divided by Greed". afrinolly.com. Retrieved October 29, 2015.
- "Shattered". kenyabuzz.com. Retrieved October 29, 2015.
- "How to find a husband". sodasandpopcorn.com. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved October 29, 2015.
- "How to Find A Husband #StoryLab". ghafla.co.ke. Archived from the original on January 9, 2016. Retrieved October 29, 2015.
Kati Kati’: Film Review | AFI Fest 2016