From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up guisers, mummer, mummeries, rhymer, or souler in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Strictly speaking, a mummer is an actor in a traditional seasonal folk play. The term is also humorously (or derogatorily) applied to any actor.
Mummer may also refer to:
- A participant in the New Year's Day Mummers Parade in Philadelphia, USA, and other similar festivals
- A participant in the Newfoundland and Labrador Christmastime tradition of mummering
- A participant in Mummer's Day, a midwinter celebration in Padstow, Cornwall, UK
- A mime artist, one acting out a story through body motions, without use of speech
- A member of the Summer Mummers theatre group in Midland, Texas, USA
- MUMmer, a bioinformatics software system
- Mummer (album), a 1983 album by the group XTC
- The Mummers, a band based in Brighton, England
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mummer.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.