|Headquarters||408B, Building No.4, Dubai Design District, Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Mona Ataya (CEO)
Michael Ghandour (COO)
Number of employees
Mumzworld is the first and leading bilingual e-commerce site in the Middle East dedicated to everything mother, baby and child, which enables shoppers to search, compare and buy from the convenience of their own home. The company works with 1,500 retailers, distributors, manufacturers and brands at the regional and international level.
Founded by entrepreneurs and mothers Mona Ataya and Leena Khalil, in October 2011, mumzworld.com was the pioneer in the region in baby and child e-commerce shopping.
The Company was founded in November 2011 by entrepreneur Mona Ataya with a team of four people.
At launch, the website stocked 15,000 products including the latest apparel, nursing equipment, educational toys, books, furniture, prams and strollers from brands including Lamaze, OshKosh B’Gosh, Phillips Avent, Disney and Lego.
Mumzworld also provided shoppers with niche brands and more established brands that did not have a presence in the region such as Kaiya Eve Pettiskirts and Lemon Loves Lime.
In 2012, a year after its launch, Mumzworld was the most-visited online baby retailer in the Middle East with over 1.2 million unique visitors to the site
As of 2018, the company has a staff of over 100 people and over 200,000 products across 1,500 brands, of which 20% of the brands being sold exclusively through Mumzworld.
In March 2018, the company announced the closure of its fifth round of funding led by investors Wamda Capital and Swicorp.
- Shopping For Mother, Baby & Child Now Just a Click Away Expat Echo Dubai, October 9, 2011
- www.mumzworld.com celebrates 1st anniversary in strong Middle East e-commerce leadership position Archived 2013-01-06 at the Wayback Machine.,AME Info, November 13, 2012
- Leon, Pamella (March 7, 2018). "We Got Funded: MENA E-Commerce Platform Mumzworld.com Closes Fifth Funding Round". Entrepreneur.
- Mumzworld official site
- CNN: The American dream far away from America: 'Amazon for moms' in the Middle East
- The National: Generation start-up: Mumzworld founder eyes faster delivery and growth, December 9, 2017
- The National: Mumzworld founder says every day is a balancing act, December 9, 2017
- Forbes Middle East: Top Arab women making waves, January 2018