Muna Lee (athlete)
Muna Lee (in front)
|Born||October 30, 1981|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||54 kg (119 lb)|
|Event(s)||4 × 100 m, 100 m|
Muna Lee (born October 30, 1981 in Little Rock, Arkansas) is an American sprinter. Lee ran track collegiately at Louisiana State University. Lee was a seven-time NCAA champion, 12-time SEC champion and 20-time All-American with the Lady Tigers from 2001-04.
Lee made her Olympics debut for the United States immediately following an exception senior season in 2004. In Athens, Greece, Lee qualified for her first career final in international competition as she took seventh place overall in the 200-meter dash.She had an impressive performance at the 2004 Olympic Trials, moving up in the final stretch while running in lane 1 to place second and win a spot on the Olympic Team. She went on to place 7th at the Olympic Games.
Lee won a gold medal as part of the women's 4 x 100m relay team at the 2005 World Championships in Athletics. Lee went on to place 7th at the 2005 World Championships in Athletics – Women's 100 metres
At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing she competed at the 100 metres sprint. In her first round heat she placed first in front of Anita Pistone and Guzel Khubbieva in a time of 11.44 to advance to the second round. There she improved her time to 11.08 and to finish second after Sherone Simpson to qualify for the semi finals. With 11.06 she placed second behind Shelly-Ann Fraser to qualify for the final, in which she placed in fifth position with a time of 11.07 seconds.
A week before the World Championships, Lee was part of a United States 4 x 100 m relay team that ran the fastest women's sprint relay in twelve years. Lauryn Williams, Allyson Felix, Lee and Jeter finished with a time of 41.58 seconds, bringing them to eighth on the all-time list. Lee finished 5th in the Semifinals but failed to advance in the 2009 World Championships in Athletics – Women's 100 metres. Lee finished 4th in the final in 2009 World Championships in Athletics – Women's 200 metres.
- 100 metres - 10.85 (2008) (USA Track and Field Championships) Position = 1st
- 200 metres - 22.01 (2008) (Olympic Finals)Position = 4th
- Athlete biography: Muna Lee Archived 2008-08-26 at the Wayback Machine., beijing2008.cn, ret: Aug 27, 2008
- Morse, Parker (2009-06-27). Jeter and Rodgers take 100m titles in Eugene - US Champs, Day 2. IAAF. Retrieved on 2009-06-30.
- Wenig, Jörg (2009-08-08). US quartet blasts 41.58 in the 4x100 as Wlodarczyk improves to 77.20m in Cottbus Archived 2009-08-10 at the Wayback Machine.. IAAF. Retrieved on 2009-08-09.