Muncie Indiana Transit System
|Headquarters||1300 E Seymour St|
|Service type||bus service, paratransit|
|Fleet||30 Gillig BRT, 5 Gillig BRT Hybrids, 12 paratransit, 3 Gillig Trolleys, misc. GMC RTS and Flxible Metro|
Muncie Indiana Transit System (MITS) is the local bus service for Muncie, Indiana. MITS has 14 routes that originate in downtown Muncie and branch out about 4 miles in all directions. Some routes add buses during school hours to help shuttle students. MITSPlus vehicles are available upon request by disabled people who cannot use the mass-transit buses.
- MITS won the American Public Transportation Association's Outstanding Public Transit System Award in 2005 and 2008.[dead link]
- American Public Transportation Association's Gold Award for Safety Award 2007.
- Students, school faculty and staff, and children under 12 (limit 3 per fare-paying passenger) ride for free.
- Senior citizens and disabled people pay a quarter to ride plus free transfers or $0.50 for a 24-hour pass.
- Adults pay $0.50, with free transfers, or $1 for a 24-hour pass.
|1||Ball State University|
|2||Ball State Jackson|
- "American Public Transportation Association (APTA) Recognizes Top Public Transportation Systems and National Leaders". American Public Transportation Association. 28 Sep 2005. Archived from the original on December 6, 2008. Retrieved 2 Jul 2009.
- "American Public Transportation Association Honors Top Public Transportation Leaders and Public Transit Systems". American Public Transportation Association. 7 Oct 2008. Retrieved 2 Jul 2009.
- "2007 Bus Safety Awards Announced by APTA". American Public Transportation Association. 7 May 2007. Archived from the original on July 4, 2008. Retrieved 2 Jul 2009.
- Mits: Routes & Schedules
|This article about a bus operating company in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transportation in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|