Munday, West Virginia
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Munday is an unincorporated community in eastern Wirt County, West Virginia, United States. It lies along local roads southeast of the town of Elizabeth, the county seat of Wirt County. Its elevation is 717 feet (217 m). Munday had a post office, which closed on October 26, 2002.
The community was named after the local Munday family.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 112.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Munday, West Virginia, Geographic Names Information System, 1980-06-27. Accessed 2008-04-23.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved December 26, 2011.
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 435.
|This article about a location in Wirt County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|