Mungaru Male 2
|Mungaru Male 2|
|Produced by||G Gangadhar|
|Edited by||K. M. Prakash|
|Music by||Arjun Janya|
E. K. Pictures
|Box office||est. ₹ 20 crore|
Mungaru Male 2 (transl. Pre-monsoon showers) is a 2016 Indian Kannada romantic drama film co-written and directed by Shashank. It stars Ganesh, V. Ravichandran and Neha Shetty in the lead roles, with Aindrita Ray appearing in a pivotal role. The supporting cast features P. Ravi Shankar and Sadhu Kokila. Although not a sequel, the film's title came as the second installment to the film Mungaru Male (2006). The film found its theatrical release worldwide on 9 September 2016, while in Karnataka, the release was pushed to 10 September 2016 because of the Cauvery water dispute. It was a financial success at the box office by collecting over ₹20 crore in its life time theatrical run.
- Ganesh as Preetham
- Neha Shetty as Nandini
- V. Ravichandran as Preetham's Father
- Shilpa Manjunath as Aishwarya/Aishu
- Aindrita Ray as Preetham's Girlfriend
- Ravi Shankar as Nandini's father
- Sadhu Kokila as Nandini's uncle
- Shraddha Srinath as Guest appearance
The film Mungaru Male was directed by Yogaraj Bhat, which was released on December 2006, and went on to collect more than ₹750 million in Indian box office in its lifetime theatrical run of 865-days against a budget of ₹70 lakh, film had featured Pooja Gandhi and Ganesh.
After the commercial success of the 2006 film Mungaru Male, which grossed ₹750 million, the makers conceived a second part for the film, which they had previously planned while shooting for the film was on course. With producer E. Krishnappa objecting to the title Mungaru Male Part 2, the title Preetham Prem Kahani was fixed. Ganesh was to reprise his role as Preetham opposite Ramya. In September, The Times of India carried a report which said that Rockline Venkatesh would produce the film titled Mungaru Male 2, and that it would be directed by Preetham Gubbi, the screenwriter of Mungaru Male. It was reported that Ganesh would reprise his role and the makers were on the lookout for the female lead. The sequel however, did not take off for seven years until reports came out in early-July 2014, when it was announced, albeit by a different team. It was reported that G. Gangadhar, the executive producer of Mungaru Male would produce it. He approached Shashank to direct it, who initially refused, but was keen on directing Ganesh. However, after much insistence, reports said Shashank relented and began working on the film's story and screenplay, which he completed by March 2015. It was revealed that Ganesh would reprise his role in the film as the main protagonist, and that the film would be titled Mungaru Male 2.
V. Ravichandran was the second actor to be signed by the makers of the film, in May 2015, though at the time of the announcement, his role in the film was not made clear. However, it was speculated that he would play Ganesh's father. The director Shashank said the search for a "new face" as a female lead began with the announcement of the film. He spotted the photos of a Mangalore-based model Neha Shetty, in the newspapers in February 2015, as reports came out of her winning beauty contest WTN Miss Mangalore, who on being placed at the Miss India South emerged as a runner-up. Keen on having her on the film, he approached her, who, then a student of pre-university course was busy with her examinations. She was eventually signed in July 2015 as the female lead opposite Ganesh. It was also revealed that P. Ravi Shankar and Sadhu Kokila would play supporting roles. Arjun Janya was signed by the makers to score the film's background music and compose six track as part of its soundtrack.
At the time of announcement of the film in November 2014, it was reported that the film, unlike its prequel would be filmed over two seasons, the summer and monsoon. The director Shashank said, "[Filming] will go on for five months during the scorching heat of summer as well as during the heavy rains." To coincide with the date of commencing of filming and theatrical release of Mungaru Male, the makers planned on having them on the same dates – 28 July and 26 December 2015 respectively. As scheduled, filming began on 26 July. Major part of the first schedule was filmed in the Malnad region of Karnataka and was completed in late-August. Around this time, it was revealed that Ravichandran would play the role of Ganesh's father in the film. The second schedule began in mid-September. Filming took place in areas surrounding Jog Falls, in the Sagara region of Karnataka. Speaking to The Times of India, Shashank said, "[W]e are capturing a very important sequence at the waterfalls, which will include a major fight sequence. We are also shooting some romantic scenes in the surrounding locations, which are unexplored in Sandalwood." In February 2016, it was reported that most of the filming was complete except the songs. Also reportedly, Ganesh would fly to Slovenia along with Aindrita Ray to shoot for a song together.
|Mungaru Male 2|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||5 August 2016|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Arjun Janya has scored the soundtrack and score for the film. A total of six songs and one instrumental track were composed by him and written by the lyricists such as Jayanth Kaikini, Kaviraj, Chandan Shetty, Gopi Iyengar and the director Shashank. Noted singers such as Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal who got their big breaks in Kannada cinema through Mungaru Male recorded their voices to the sequel as well. Bollywood singer Armaan Malik recorded his breakthrough Kannada song and so did the Rajastani folk singer Swaroop Khan. The music for the film was one of the highly anticipated album since its prequel was a musical blockbuster which was composed by Mano Murthy.
The audio was officially released on 5 August 2016 through Jhankar Music label.
|1.||"Sariyaagi"||Jayanth Kaikini||Armaan Malik||4:22|
|2.||"Neenu Iradhe"||Kaviraj||Armaan Malik, Anuradha Bhat||4:54|
|3.||"Onte Songu"||Gopi Iyengar |
Dr. Umesh Pilikudelu
|Armaan Malik, Swaroop Khan, Shreya Ghoshal||4:46|
|4.||"My Daddy"||Chandan Shetty||Benny Dayal, Chandan Shetty||4:12|
|5.||"Gamanisu"||Jayanth Kaikini||Sonu Nigam||4:47|
|6.||"Kanasalu"||Jayanth Kaikini||Shreya Ghoshal||4:38|
|8.||"Mungaru Male 2 Mashup"||Various||Various||5:15|
The first teaser of the film was released on 5 June 2016 on YouTube. The 107-second video introduces the characters in the film, and actors Upendra, Shiva Rajkumar, Puneeth Rajkumar, Yash and Sudeep feature in it asking questions about the film. An audio teaser was released on 30 July, which was the first of its kind in Kannada film industry. The audio was released on 5 August.
- "Mungaru Male 2 Launched". chitraloka.com. 12 June 2015. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- "'Mungaru Male-2' officially launched". Archived from the original on 11 September 2016.
- "Mungaru Male 2 clean u certificate-Kannada Movie News". Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Mungaaru Male 2' (Mungaru Male 2) release delayed following call for Karnataka bandh over Cauvery row on Friday". ibtimes. 7 September 2016.
- "Mungaru Male 2 Releasing On September 10th". Chitraloka.
- "Leaked: Ravichandran's new look – TOI Mobile – The Times of India Mobile Site".
- "Aindrita Ray joins Mungaru Male sequel – TOI Mobile – The Times of India Mobile Site".
- "Shraddha Srinath bags a cameo in Mungaru Male 2 – TOI Mobile – The Times of India Mobile Site".
- "Ganesh and Gandhi". www.dnaindia.com.
- "'Mungaru Male Hudugi' Pooja Gandhi official website". Archived from the original on 14 January 2012.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Ganesh Bal: The outsider on the inside – Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 22 April 2012.
- "Will Pancharangi break the records of Mungaru Male?". 7 September 2010.
- "Superstars of the Kannada Film Industry". mybangalore.com. Archived from the original on 24 July 2016. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Mungaru Male part II". indiaglitz.com. 28 May 2007. Archived from the original on 26 October 2015. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "We may go for a new face:Venkatesh". The Times of India. 26 September 2007. Archived from the original on 10 October 2015. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "MM Sequel by Gangadhar". indiaglitz.com. 3 July 2014. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- Khajane, Muralidhara (25 November 2014). "Stage set for Mungaru Male sequel". The Hindu. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Ganesh all set for Mungaru Male 2". The Times of India. 26 March 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Ravichandran Joins Mungaru Male 2 – Exclusive". chitraloka.com. 29 May 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- Sharadhaa A. (30 May 2015). "Six Songs by Arjun Janya for Mungaru Male 2". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Miss South India pageant: Neha Shetty runner-up, Srinidhi Shetty wins regional title". daijiworld.com. 8 February 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- Sharadhaa A. (9 July 2015). "Shashank Finds his Mungaru Male Girl". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- Sharadhaa A. (25 November 2014). "Mungaru Male 2 Will Explore Two Seasons". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- Prasad S., Shyam (5 September 2015). "Bandh causes Ravichandran's looks leak". Bangalore Mirror. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- Agarwal, Stuti (23 September 2015). "Mungaru Male team returns to Jog Falls". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- "Ganesh to Slovenia for Mungaru Male2". Chitraloka. 8 February 2016.
- "All eyes on Arjun Janya and Mungaru Male 2's music". The New Indian Express. 4 August 2016.
- "Good News! Mungaru Male 2 Audio To Release On Aug 5". Filmibeat. 29 July 2016. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash (4 June 2016). "Teaser of Ganesh, Ravichandran's 'Mungaru Male 2' released [VIDEO]". International Business Times. Archived from the original on 6 June 2016. Retrieved 6 June 2016.