Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort
|Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort|
|Location||Munyonyo, Kampala, Uganda|
|Number of restaurants||7|
The resort is located in Munyonyo, Makindye Division, in the southeastern part of Kampala, along the northern shores of Lake Victoria, the second-largest freshwater lake in the world. This location lies approximately 13 kilometres (8.1 mi), by road, southeast of Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort are:0°14'11.0"N, 32°37'25.0"E (Latitude:0.236389; Longitude:32.623611).
The resort was commissioned in 2007 and served as the host venue of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting 2007 (CHOGM 2007), held from 23 November until 25 November 2007, in Kampala Uganda. Built at an estimated cost of US$30 million (USh60 billion), the Uganda government contributed at least US$7.5 million (USh15 billion) into the joint venture entity that developed the resort. Government spent another US$7 million (USh14 billion) on constructing pathways and widening roads within the complex. The marina was expanded and the security of the infrastructure was updated. The US$7.5 million has been treated as equity by government while the US$7 million was treated as Conference expenses.
- Speke Resort and Conference Center - Munyonyo, Kampala
- Kampala Speke Hotel - Nile Avenue, Kampala
- Kabira Country Club - Bukoto, Kampala
- Tourist Hotel - Luwum Street, Kampala
- Barigaba, Julius (4 July 2015). "Hotels In Kampala Get Classified, Seven Years On". The EastAfrican. Nairobi. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- "Distance Between Central Kampala And Munyonyo With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Google (4 July 2015). "Location of Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- Kagame, George (23 September 2007). "Focus: CHOGM 2007: Uganda Set To Reap More Than She Ever Sowed". The New Times (Rwanda). Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Cover, Story. "CHOGM: Who Will Pay For Lost Billions?: Contractors Paid Before Signing Agreements". The Independent (Uganda). Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort Homepage
- A Lot More To Munyonyo
- CHOGM PROBE: Government Has No Shares In Munyonyo Resort - Sudhir