|Directed by||Kurian Varnasala|
|Produced by||Johny Sagarika|
|Written by||Kurian Varnasala|
|Based on||The Bible|
|Cinematography||K. P. Nambiathiri|
|Edited by||Ranjan Abraham|
|Budget||₹35 crore (US$5.1 million)|
Muppathu Vellikkasu English title: Thirty pieces of silver) is an upcoming Christian film based on the life of Jesus Christ adapted from New Testament in the Bible. It is considered the biggest budget Malayalam film ever made and first 3D film about Jesus. The film is intended for worldwide release in both 2D and 3D formats at Easter 2014.
The film is being shot in Jerusalem, Egypt, Palestine, Jordan and in some parts of India. The film will be released in 9 Indian languages: Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Bhojpuri, Marathi, Bengali, Oriya and Malayalam. It will also have English and other European releases. According to Kurian Varnasala's statement on his website, the screenplay was created after ten long years of Bible study and also with the help of many Biblical scholars. Many famous film actors and technicians from the Malayalam film Industry will co-operate with the production. The technicians include veteran lyricist O. N. V. Kurup, singer K. J. Yesudas, Oscar-winning sound designer Resul Pookutty and make-up artist Pattanam Rasheed. The film is being produced with the blessing of the Catholic Church of Kerala and K.C.B.C. The total cast of film exceeds 5,000 men and women. Jermi Jairus, a native of UAE with family in Kerala, has the lead role in the character of Jesus. 13 camera units from Bollywood will capture the film in 3D format.3D visuals are by legend cinematographer K. P. Nambiathiri and second unit camera by his associate Sambath Mohandas. The inauguration of the film was held at Kochi on 5 June 2012.
Most of the post-production work including graphics, animation, sound mixing and recording will be done in the United States. The editing and dubbing would be done in India, in collaboration with the film industry of the United States.
- "Shine Prabhakar's stint as AD". India Everyday. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Muppathu Vellikkasu most expensive Malayalam film – Times of India". 16 July 2012. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "3D REVOLUTION". Times of India Publications. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "First 3D film on Jesus soon – Christian Today India". Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Christ to resurrect in 3D – The New Indian Express". The New Indian Express. 14 July 2012. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "3D Biblical Film Being Made by South Indian Director". INDIAWEST. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- ""Thirty Pieces of Silver", the life of Jesus Christ in 3D". 1 May 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "'Muppathu Vellikkasu': Shooting in Israel". 14 July 2012. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "30 Pieces of Silver cost 35cr!". Times of India. 28 May 2012. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Dream Project – Kurian Varnasala". Retrieved 25 July 2013.