|Died||July 17, 2018(aged 104–105)|
Muhammad Ould Fahfu al-Massumi (c. 1913 – July 17, 2018), known as al-Murabit al-Hajj or al-Hajj Ould Fahfu, was a Mauritanian Islamic scholar who devoted his life to worship, learning and teaching Islamic sciences. Teachers and students from around the world would often travelled to study under his guidance. Based in a remote village in Mauritania, he trained hundreds if not thousands of scholars, including Shaykh Hamza Yusuf.
The Muslim 500 Mention
Maryam Bint Bwayba
Her full name was Maryam Bint Muhammad al-Amin Ould Muhammad Ahmad Bwayba (c. − April 12, 2009). She was the wife of Murabit al-Hajj Ould Fahfu.
- "حياة العلامة لمرابط الحاج ولد فحفُ". 26 November 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "وفاة العلامة الموريتاني الشيخ الحاج ولد فحف". Alakhbar. July 17, 2018. Retrieved July 17, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Grewal, Zareena (2014). Islam Is a Foreign Country: American Muslims and the Global Crisis of Authority. New York University Press. p. 161. ISBN 1479800562.
- "Introduction: A Regional Survey - 2016". The Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre. 1 January 2016.
- "Another Mother of the Believers". Sandala. April 16, 2009. Retrieved August 18, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)