|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
|Mourad Mohamed Muwafi|
|Director of the General Intelligence Directorate|
31 January 2011 – 8 August 2012
|Preceded by||Omar Suleiman|
|Succeeded by||Mohamed Raafat Shehata|
|Director of the Military Intelligence|
21 March 2004 – 3 January 2010
|Preceded by||Mohamed Fareed|
|Succeeded by||Abdel Fattah el-Sisi|
|Born||2 February 1950
Major-General Mourad Mouwafi (Arabic: مراد موافي is an Egyptian politician and military man, born 2 February 1950) in Alexandria. He was the Director of the Egyptian Intelligence until former President Mohamed Morsi dismissed him from his position on 8 August 2012.
Early life and education
- Joined Abbassia High School for extraordinary achievers.
- Earned his high school diploma (Thanawia Amma) in 1968.
- Joined the Egyptian Military Academy, where he graduated in 1970 (class no.57).
- Joined Egyptian Special Forces (The Thunderbolt) and served for sixteen years.
- Earned a special certificate in special operations and climbing mountains from France.
- Participated in the War of Attrition
- Participated in the October war 1973
- Teacher in the Special Forces
- Wing Commander in the School of Special Forces
- Commander of an infantry battalion (1987-1989).
- Seconded to an Arab country for four years in the framework of the exchange of military expertise during the Second Gulf War (disambiguation)(1989 - 1993)
- Brigade Commander (1993 - 1995)
- Commander of the mechanic infantry division at the Second Army (1998 - 2000)
- Director of the Military Intelligence Service
- Governor of Northern Sinai (January 2010 - January 2011)
- Appointed as a Director of the Egyptian Intelligence by former President Hosni Mubarak on 31 January 2011 after the previous Director Omar Suleiman was appointed as a Vice President.
- The decoration of the Republic of Egypt of the second level
- Order of Military Duty of the second level
- Long Service and Good Example Medal
- Order of Duty of the first level
- Medal of Excellent Service
- Medal of Great Chevalier from the President of the Republic of France
Mourad Mowafi married in 1978 and had three children, a son and two daughters:
- Mennatulla Mourad, a graduate of the Faculty of Fine Arts, married with children
- Mohamed Mourad, Counselor at the State Council, married with children.
- Maha Mourad, student at the Faculty of Engineering, final year.
After Muwafi revealed to the public that the General Intelligence has provided information to all relevant state authorities on the plot to assassinate 17 Egyptian recruits during the month of Ramadan at mealtime in the Egyptian Rafah, former President Mohamed Morsi dismissed Muwafi from his position as Director of the Intelligence on 8 August 2012.
- “The least we can do is for the Palestinian people to live in an independent and safe state."
- "We had information about the Rafah incident, and we told the authorities in charge, as we are merely a source of information."
|This Egyptian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|