|District||North 24 Parganas|
|Elevation||11 m (36 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
Muragachha is located at  It has an average elevation of 11 m (36 ft)..
As per 2011 Census of India Muragachha had a total population of 13,249, of which 6,758 (51%) were males and 6,491 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 1,242. The total number of literates in Muragachha was 10,063 (83.81 % of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Muragachha had a population of 9790. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Muragachha has an average literacy rate of 74%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 79%, and female literacy is 68%. In Muragachha, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- District-wise list of statutory towns
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Muragachha
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2007-08-24.