Fred Wolf Films
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||1965 (original company; defunct 1999)
2013 (current company)
|Chairman & CEO:
Fred Wolf Films is an American animation studio founded in the 1960s by Fred Wolf and Jimmy Murakami (the latter of whom worked on the TV special The Snowman). It was founded as MW (Murakami-Wolf). The studio produced The Point, the first U.S. animated special to air in prime time (on the ABC network in 1971). It was also responsible for Free to Be… You and Me, the Puff the Magic Dragon specials, and television series such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Toxic Crusaders, Alvin and The Chipmunks (eleven episodes from the sixth season), James Bond Jr., The New Adventures of Speed Racer, and Sarah Ferguson's Budgie the Little Helicopter.
It was named for founders Jimmy Murakami and Fred Wolf, and for partner Charles Swenson. It later became known as MWS (Murakami-Wolf-Swenson; with Charles Swenson who had already been with the company for some time) and even later as MWD (Murakami-Wolf-Dublin) before eventually adopting its current name.
- What's Up, Tiger Lily? (film titles) (1966)
- Catalina Caper (film titles) (1967)
- 200 Motels (produced by; Charles Swenson - Animation Director) (1971)
- Gas-s-s-s (film titles) (1971)
- Down and Dirty Duck (produced by; Charles Swenson - Director) (1974)
- The Mouse and His Child (1977)
- Young Pocahontas (1995)
TV films and specials
- The Point (A Murakami-Wolf Production; Fred Wolf - Director) (1971) ABC Movie of the Week
- Free to Be... You and Me (select animated segments)
- Puff the Magic Dragon (1978)
- The Little Rascals Christmas Special (1979)
- Strawberry Shortcake TV specials (1st and 3rd ones only)
- Peter and the Magic Egg (1983)
- Rockin' Through the Decades (1990)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987–1996)
- Little Clowns of Happytown (1987–1988)
- The Chipmunks (1988–1989) (eleven episodes from the sixth season)
- The California Raisin Show (1989)
- Barnyard Commandos (1990)
- Toxic Crusaders (1991–1993)
- James Bond Jr. (1991–1992)
- The New Adventures of Speed Racer (1993–1994)
- The Fantastic Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor (1996–1998)
- The New Adventures of Zorro (1997–1998)
Fred Wolf Films Dublin
- Dyess, Phil (2014-02-19). "R.I.P. Jimmy Murakami, animator of When The Wind Blows and The Snowman · Newswire · The A.V. Club". Avclub.com. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- Slide, Anthony (1991). The Television Industry: A Historical Dictionary. Greenwood Press. p. 181. ISBN 0-313-25634-9. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- "About Us". Fred Wolf Films. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- Solomon, Charles (1987-12-28). "'Ninja Turtles' Crawls Out, Lands on Back". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- Eadie, Alison (1993-12-04). "Fergie's Budgie Coming To U.s". Sun Sentinel. London. Retrieved 2010-10-15.