|Industry||Oil and gas|
|Founder||Murphy Oil Corporation|
|Products||Oil and gas exploration and production, natural gas and LNG trading and transportation, oil refining and chemicals|
Murco Petroleum Ltd is a United Kingdom–based oil refining company. It was set up by Murphy Oil Corporation in 1960. The company owns a forecourt based chain of Costcutter convenience stores. In 1981, Murco purchased an 30% stake in Amoco's Milford Haven Refinery and in 2007, they purchased the remaining 70%.
In November 2014, it was announced that Milford Haven Refinery was to close, with the loss of around 350 jobs. In October 2008, they purchased Petrol Express Limited for £52 million from its parent company GNE Group, and the 63 sites brought Murco's total number of petrol stations to 230.
- "Murco". Murphy Oil Corporation. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Murco Petroleum". htec.co.uk. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Refining and Distribution". Murco in the UK. Murco Petroleum Ltd. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Murco refinery sale collapses". BBC. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Murco buys Petrol Express". News. forecourttrader.co.uk. 30 October 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2010.
|This article about a natural gas or petroleum-related company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|