Murco Petroleum

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Murco Petroleum Ltd)
Jump to: navigation, search
Murco Petroleum
Industry Oil and gas
Founded 1960 (1960)
Founder Murphy Oil Corporation
Headquarters United Kingdom
Area served
United Kingdom
Products Oil and gas exploration and production, natural gas and LNG trading and transportation, oil refining and chemicals
Services Fuel stations
Website www.murco.co.uk/welcome.htm
A Murco DAF CF tanker in Ellesmere Port.

Murco Petroleum Ltd is a United Kingdom–based oil refining company. It was set up by Murphy Oil Corporation in 1960.[1] The company owns a forecourt based chain of Costcutter convenience stores.[2]

In 1981 Murco purchased a 30% stake in Amoco's Milford Haven Refinery and in 2007, they purchased the remaining 70%.[3] In November 2014, it was announced that Milford Haven Refinery was to close, with the loss of around 350 jobs.[4]

In October 2008, they purchased Petrol Express Limited for £52 million from its parent company GNE Group, and the 63 sites brought Murco's total number of petrol stations to 230.[5]

References[edit]

  1. ^ "Murco". Murphy Oil Corporation. Retrieved 7 March 2013. 
  2. ^ "Murco Petroleum". htec.co.uk. Retrieved 20 September 2012. 
  3. ^ "Refining and Distribution". Murco in the UK. Murco Petroleum Ltd. Retrieved 11 October 2011. 
  4. ^ "Murco refinery sale collapses". BBC. Retrieved 11 November 2014. 
  5. ^ "Murco buys Petrol Express". News. forecourttrader.co.uk. 30 October 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2010. 

External links[edit]