Murder, Inc. (band)
Murder, Inc. circa 1991
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
Murder, Inc. was an industrial music supergroup formed in 1991, featuring vocalist Chris Connelly, Killing Joke members Geordie Walker, Paul Raven, "Big Paul" Ferguson, John Bechdel, and former Public Image Ltd drummer Martin Atkins.
Martin Atkins joined Killing Joke as their drummer and later their manager in 1990. The band recorded the 1990 album Extremities, Dirt and Various Repressed Emotions after which they parted ways with singer Jaz Coleman. Keeping the line-up of Killing Joke (minus Coleman) together, Atkins formed Murder, Inc., recruiting Chris Connelly (who had worked with Ministry amongst others) to replace Coleman and former Killing Joke member Paul Ferguson as a second drummer.
The band released their debut EP, Corpuscle, which featured tracks remixed by J. G. Thirlwell, in 1991 followed by their eponymous album in 1992. The album was recorded by Steve Albini who had already worked with Atkins on the Pigface album Gub and with Connelly on his album Whiplash Boychild. The band played five live dates before disbanding later in 1992, due to "internal squabbles".
- Martin Atkins – drums
- John Bechdel – keyboards
- Chris Connelly – vocals
- Paul Ferguson – drums
- Paul Raven – bass
- Geordie Walker – guitar
- Corpuscle (EP, 1992)
- Murder, Inc. (1992, Invisible Records / re-released in 1993 with altered track listing through Futurist Records)
- Locate Subvert Terminate – The Complete Murder, Inc. (collection album, 1999)
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Murder Inc". AllMusic. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- Harris, Melissa (9 August 2013). "Drummer in music business education spotlight". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Martin Atkins Biography on Billboard". Billboard. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- Harris, Chris (21 October 2007). "Ministry/ Killing Joke Bassist Paul Raven Dead At 46". MTV. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Chris Connelly discography". www.chrisconnelly.com. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Steve Albini Credits on AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- Connelly, Chris (2008). Concret, Bulletproof, Invisible + Fried: My Life as a Revolting Cock. London (UK): SAF Publishing. p. 198. ISBN 978-0-946719-95-2.
- "Damage Manual overview at AllMusic". Retrieved 8 May 2015.