Murder Mystery (band)
|Origin||Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, College rock, Lo-fi|
Murder Mystery is an American indie rock band from Detroit, Michigan. The group started in the college town of Mount Pleasant, Michigan in 1999  but moved to Detroit in 2003, attracted by the burgeoning music scene of that city . The group earned notoriety in a scene that was still largely dominated by garage rock and garnered airplay on college stations like WMUC and WDET.
Also denoted as college-rock, the group signed with DetroitSounds Records and released a self-titled EP in 2005. Largely influenced by indie-rock bands Sleater-Kinney, Butterglory, and Built to Spill, the EP was released to positive reviews at home  and mixed reviews abroad. Shortly after the release of the record the group split with DetroitSounds and recorded material for a documentary on Detroit pianist Bob Seeley while touring parts of the Midwest and the East Coast and recording material for a follow-up EP.
Most recently Murder Mystery have contributed a cover song to Guilt by Association, a compilation album released by Engine Room Recordings. On the album, the band added a cover of Def Leppards "Photograph".
- 2006 - "Murder Mystery"
- 2007 - "Big Rockets Go Now!"
- 2007 - "Are You Ready For The Heartache Cause Here It Comes"
- 2008 - "Live on WDET"
- 2008 - "Shrine of the Little Flower" (EP)
- 2009 - "Owl"
- "Murder Mystery", ubl.com. Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- , realdetroitweekly.com. Retrieved 16 August 2007.
- "Murder Mystery", allrecordlabels.com. Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- Singles & EPs for Murder Mystery at AllMusic. Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- , inflamemedia.com. Retrieved 11 July 2007.
- "Murder Mystery", amplitude-phonography.blogspot.com, June 5, 2006. Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- Belardes, N.L. "Detroit Music Scene's Murder Mystery Band Sends E.P., Photos, and Love", nlbelardes.com, October 9, 2006. Retrieved 20 August 2009.
- , royaloakmusictheatre.com. Retrieved 9 June 2007.