Murdock Township, Douglas County, Illinois
Location in Douglas County
Douglas County's location in Illinois
|Established||December 7, 1882|
|• Total||30.88 sq mi (80.0 km2)|
|• Land||30.84 sq mi (79.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.13%|
|Elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
|• Density||7.3/sq mi (2.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61852, 61919, 61941, 61942, 61956|
|GNIS feature ID||0429414|
Murdock Township is one of nine townships in Douglas County, in the U.S. state of Illinois. As of the 2010 census, its population was 225 and it contained 126 housing units. It was formed from Camargo and Newman townships on December 7, 1882.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.88 square miles (80.0 km2), of which 30.84 square miles (79.9 km2) (or 99.87%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.13%) is water.
The township contains these two cemeteries: Jordan and Murdock.
Airports and landing strips
- Mayhall Airport
- Heritage Community Unit School District 8
- Shiloh Community Unit School District 1
- Villa Grove Community Unit School District 302
- State House District 110
- State Senate District 55
- "Murdock Township, Douglas County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Crittenden Township, Champaign County||Raymond Township, Champaign County|
|Camargo Township||Newman Township|
|Bowdre Township||Sargent Township|