|Headquarters||Rainham, Essex, England|
Murex Limited was a leading British provider of services to metallurgists, smelters and refiners, and welders. It was an original constituent of the FT 30 index of leading stocks on the London Stock Exchange.
Welding equipment made by Murex occasionally comes up for sale.
Demise of the business
Murex Limited was officially dissolved on 11 June 2013.
- W. R. Powell (1978). History of the County of Essex (vol. 7). Victoria County History. p. 134–38. ISBN 0197227201.
- "Vodex Electrodes". UKWelder forum.
- "Lex: The first column to appear in the FT". FT.com. October 1945.
- "FT 30 - the UK's oldest surviving stock market index". FT.com. Archived from the original on 1 March 2007.
- "Shap Granite - Part 2". Durham Mining Museum. Archived from the original on 26 April 2008.
- "Obituary: Peter Hobbs". Welding and Joining Society. Archived from the original on 19 January 2008.
- "ESAB Welding and Cutting Journal vol. 59 no. 1 2004" (PDF). ESAB. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 July 2011.
- "Murex Limited". Companies House. Retrieved 13 November 2015.