Murfy's fLaw Rocktoberfest October 2008: Reema, Jozie, No.9
|Genres||Rock, Alternative Rock|
No 9 (Lead Guitar/ Vocals)
Punky Monkey (Rhythm Guitar)
Jojo (Keyboards/ Vocals)
Vicky (Drums/ Vocals)
It is a 6-piece band that is unique in Kenya in its chosen genre of performed music, the fact that they are all full-time non-music professionals and that it is composed mainly of rubenesque girls. There is only one man in the band.
Murfy's fLaw is also unique in its Multi-cultural mix of peoples from different tribes and countries. The band's varied musical style has fused traditional rock with elements of funk, reggae and an indescribable tinge that can only be described as Kenyan.
On November 11, 2011, they released their second album, "Hello Light".
The formation of the band is contentious and there have been many theories some forwarded by the band itself. The official current stance of the band is that: After various attempts to explain how Murfy’s fLaW came to be, the band has grudgingly accepted that the story is too BORING to share with others, unless as a particularly cruel and unusual method of torture. So, for now, the band is going with the theory that, the creation of Murfy’s fLaW was one of those truly cosmic events that has to be accepted on faith alone.
- In Silence
- Hello Light
- Lydia Njeri. "Murfy's fLaw Interview". Haiya. Retrieved 2008-09-29.
- Mildred Achoch. "Kenyan rock band Murfy's Flaw".
- "Murfy's fLaw Album release".
- "Murfy's fLaw Concert at Alliance Francais".
- "New Kenyan rock album".
- Grace Kerongo. "Murfy's Flaw to launch album". the Star. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Murfy's fLaw profile".
- What’s On, Events, Lifestyle, Business in Nairobi and Kenya – KenyaBuzz
- The Standard | Online Edition :: Angels, devils n in betweeners
- A kenyan existence
- Kenyanimation: Murfy's fLaW AMV Competition
- Makosa mp3s, Makosa music downloads, Makosa songs from eMusic.com