|Locale||Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab & Jammu and Kashmir|
|Current operator(s)||South Eastern Railways|
Jammu Tawi (JAT)
|Stops||54 as 18101, |
55 as 18102
|Distance travelled||2,069 km (1,286 mi)|
|Average journey time||45 hours 5 mins as 18101, |
43 hours 30 mins as 18102
|Train number(s)||18101 / 18102|
|Class(es)||AC 2 Tier, AC 3 Tier, Sleeper Class, Unreserved/General|
|Rolling stock||ICF coach|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||110 km/h (68 mph) maximum, |
46 km/h (29 mph) average including halts.
It operates as train number 18101 from Tatanagar Junction to Jammu Tawi and as train number 18102 in the reverse direction, serving the states of Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir.
As the average speed of the train is below 55 km/h (34 mph), as per Indian Railways rules, its fare does not include a Superfast surcharge.
The 18101 / 18102 Tatanagar–Jammu Tawi Express runs from Tatanagar Junction via Muri, Barkakana, Daltonganj, Chopan, Sonbhadra Chunar, Allahabad Junction, Kanpur Central, Tundla Junction, Khurja Junction, Ghaziabad, Delhi Junction, Panipat Junction, Ambala Cantonment Junction, Ludhiana Junction, Amritsar Junction, Pathankot Junction to Jammu Tawi.
As the entire route is now fully electrified, a Tatanagar-based WAP-7 locomotive which hauls the train from Tatanagar up to Amritsar and handing over to a Ghaziabad-based WAP-7 locomotive which powers the train until Jammu Tawi & vice versa.
- 18101 Tatanagar–Jammu Tawi Express runs from Tatanagar Junction on Sunday, Wednesday & Friday reaching Jammu Tawi on the 3rd day.
- 18102 Jammu Tawi–Tatanagar Junction Express runs from Jammu Tawi on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday reaching Tatanagar Junction on the 3rd day.
On 25 May 2015, 8 coaches of Rourkela–Jammu Tawi Muri Express derailed near Athsari, on Mughalsarai–Kanpur section around 1:40 pm in afternoon. 4 people died and 9 were injured in the accident. Both, Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu & Chief Minister of U.P. Akhilesh Yadav announced compensation to the victims of accident.
- Kumar, Shiv. "18102/Jammu Tawi - Tatanagar Express - Jammu Tawi to Tatanagar SER/South Eastern Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 15 June 2022.
- Swain, Shashank Shekhar. "18101/Tatanagar - Jammu Tawi Express (PT) - Tatanagar to Jammu Tawi SER/South Eastern Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 15 June 2022.
- "8101 TATANAGAR JN JAMMU TAWI EXPRESS – Timing, Fare, Availability & Booking Details | 90di". 90di.com. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "18110, JAT MURI ROU EX, Jammu Tawi to Tatanagar Jn". erail.in. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "18101/18109-Tatanagar/Rourkela Muri Jammu Tawi Express with 12472 Swaraj Express". youtube.com. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "TATA-Jammu Tawi/Hatia–Jammu Tawi Muri Express 8102/8602". youtube.com. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "___________ » Blog Archive » Jammu Tawi–Hatia Express to be extended till Rourkela from November 12". orissalinks.com. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Tata–Jammu Tawi Express | Flickr – Photo Sharing!". flickr.com. 6 May 2012. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Rail Road Air-Indian Railways: Extension of 18602/18601 Jammu Tawi-Hatia Link Express Train upto Rourkela". railroadair.blogspot.in. 15 November 2011. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Welcome to Indian Railway Passenger reservation Enquiry". indianrail.gov.in. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "[IRFCA] Welcome to IRFCA.org, the home of IRFCA on the internet". IRFCA. Retrieved 5 April 2014.