|Elevation||52 m (171 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Madhepura|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bihariganj|
Murliganj is located at  It has an average elevation of 52 m. It situated on the east boundary of Madhepura after that Purnea district starts.Parmanandpur is a village located about 12 km (7 mi) away from Murliganj. ;metres (170 feet).kolhaypatti village located about 6 km (4 mi) south from Murligangj. Haripur kala is a 6 km north from Murliganj. approx 99% people of this area is dependent on agriculture . people of murliganj is very hard worker.there is Railway station in murliganj which connects purnea and madhepura as well. Haripur singiyan is a village which is approx. 9 kilometers far from murliganj and village is beautiful and clean..
As of 2001[update] India census, Murliganj had a population of 22,921. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Murliganj has an average literacy rate of 45%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 53%, and female literacy is 37%. In Murliganj, 19% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Santosh Kumar is a well known scholar of this area, he has published many research papers in the area of FEM,Dynamics,Tibology. Murliganj has three colleges, four high schools (B.L High school, Collegiate high school, Yadav high school and one girls high school). One Primary School is there operated by Shri Sudhansu Kumar Jha; Named: Gurukul Vidyapeeth. Many children from different areas come here to take quality education. K.P. College is the government college under B.N University, Madhepura. B.L. Inter School is considered as one of the best Schools in the Koshi Region, presently Shri Naval Kishor Jha is the Principal of this prestigious School. Krishna kumar is a bona fide science teacher of national fame. krishna kumar is district coordinator of national children science congress.He is also ANUMANDAL SECRETARY of madhyamic sikshak sangh madhepura. Krishna kumar is also honorary secretary of subhash chandra bose universal school khurda karuwaili.Santosh kumar Rajak is a first Municipal Executive Officer of this Block(vill.-kolhaypatti,BPSC 53rd-55th batch).
Govt. High School Amari Madhepura is also Fabulas of this town.Students of this school is working in well organization of Government as well as private .This is the best school of this area it covers kalaharipur ,tirkona, haripur singiyan,digghi ,amarpura, kolhaypatti ,dumariya ,dibra bazar, parsadi chauk ,manhara ,haldi bari, salsaul ,mulkiya etc.it is says that this school is established by British government.all the student from this school are very intelligent and hard worker.play ground of this school is very big.on the occasion of chath festival a big fair is organised by fair community of amari.The fair is biggest fair of Koshi Zone.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Murliganj Pin code". citypincode.in. Retrieved 2015-03-11.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Murliganj
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Finite element modeling for structural strength of quadcoptor type multi mode vehicle, Green Engine Technology Center". Aerospace Science and Technology. 53: 252–266. 2016. doi:10.1016/j.ast.2016.03.020.
- "Numerical Analysis of Cam Follower Mechanism And Effect of its Physical Parameter". International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology. 04 (10): 445–450. 2015.
|This article related to a location in Bihar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|