|Traded as||NYSE: MUSA
S&P 400 Component
|Founded||1996 (became independent in 2013 as spin-off of Murphy Oil)|
|Headquarters||El Dorado, Arkansas, U.S.|
Murphy USA is an American corporation operating a chain of retail gas stations, primarily located in proximity to Walmart stores. It was founded as a spin-off of Murphy Oil in 2013. In 2014, it was ranked 175 on the Fortune 500.
In the first quarter of 2016, Murphy USA announced a shift in direction with its relationship with Walmart, A new partnership with Core-Mark International will allow Murphy to offer a larger selection of products. and moving to grow their locations independently away from Walmart locations.
Murphy USA operates over 1,300 retail fueling stations in 23 US states. Over 1,090 locations are located within close proximity of Walmart locations, while over 220 locations are stand alone, also known as Murphy Express stores. Murphy USA locations vary from small kiosk locations to larger walk-in formats. Larger locations offer various products including coffee, tea, fountain drinks, ICEEs, fresh food, and beer. Murphy Express locations are typically large format locations (2,000+ square feet) and offer a larger array of products and more fueling lanes.
The company is well-known and oft-criticized for it's aggressive upsell methods, with customers who enter the store being continually offered rotating product deals throughout the entirety of their transaction. The company also imposes strict requirements on its employees to meet corporate standards.
- "Spinoff Murphy USA Gets Board Sign-Off". CSPNet. 7 Aug 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- "Murphy USA Spinoff". Zacks. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Fortune 500 2014". Fortune. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Murphy Oil USA - Investor Relations - News Release". ir.corporate.murphyusa.com. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "About Murphy USA | Quality fuels, low prices and tremendous opportunities for investment and employment". corporate.murphyusa.com. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|