|Local authority||Auckland Council|
|Electoral ward||Albany ward|
|Northcross||Rothesay Bay||(Hauraki Gulf)|
|Windsor Park||Mairangi Bay||(Hauraki Gulf)|
Murrays Bay is a small suburb in Auckland's East Coast Bays region. The suburb is roughly the same size as Rothesay Bay, the suburb to the immediate north. It is primarily a residential area but does have a community centre, restaurant and café. Murrays Bay is regularly serviced by buses which go to Takapuna and Auckland City.
Murrays Bay beach has a wharf that people jump off and fish in the Spring/Summer. There is a walkway to Rothesay Bay and Mairangi Bay. There is a sailing club that sails from the beach regularly.
Murrays Bay is under the local governance of the Auckland Council.
Murrays Bay Intermediate is an intermediate (years 7-8) school with a roll of 1049 students as at March 2019. Murrays Bay School is a contributing primary (years 1-6) school with a roll of 697 students as at March 2019. Both schools are coeducational, and have a decile rating of 10Z. The two schools share a site, and were established in 1958.
- 2013 Census QuickStats about a place : Murrays Bay
- "Directory of Schools - as at 3 April 2019". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- Education Counts: Murrays Bay Intermediate
- Education Counts: Murrays Bay School
- "Murrays Bay School and Murrays Bay Intermediate". Safe School Community International Accreditation Programme. Archived from the original on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 26 January 2009.
- Murrays Bay School website
- Murrays Bay Intermediate website
- Photographs of Murrays Bay held in Auckland Libraries' heritage collections.
|This Auckland Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|