|Local authority||Auckland Council|
Murrays Bay is a small suburb in Auckland's East Coast Bays region. The suburb is roughly the same size as Rothesay Bay, the suburb to the immediate north. It is primarily a residential area but does have a community centre, restaurant and café. Murrays Bay is regularly serviced by buses which go to Takapuna and Auckland City.
Murrays Bay beach has a wharf that people jump off and fish in the Spring/Summer. There is a walkway to Rothesay Bay and Mairangi Bay. There is a sailing club that sails from the beach regularly.
Murrays Bay is under the local governance of the Auckland Council.
Murrays Bay Intermediate is an intermediate (years 7-8) school with a roll of approximately 1,030. Murrays Bay School is a contributing primary (years 1-6) school with a roll of 560. Both schools are coeducational, and have a decile rating of 10. The two schools share a site, and were established in 1958.
- Quickstats about Murrays Bay
- Te Kete Ipurangi schools database: Murrays Bay Intermediate
- Te Kete Ipurangi schools database: Murrays Bay School
- "Murrays Bay School and Murrays Bay Intermediate". Safe School Community International Accreditation Programme. Archived from the original on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- Murrays Bay School website
- Murrays Bay Intermediate website
- Photographs of Murrays Bay held in Auckland Libraries' heritage collections.
|This Auckland Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|