|Regions||South East Corner (IBRA), East Gippsland|
|Local government area||Shire of East Gippsland|
|Part of||Snowy River catchment|
|- left||Butchers Creek|
|Source||below Butchers Ridge|
|- location||west of Snowy River National Park|
|- elevation||702 m (2,303 ft)|
|Mouth||confluence with the Buchan River|
|- location||west of Lucas Point|
|- elevation||55 m (180 ft)|
|Length||42 km (26 mi)|
Course and features
The Murrindal River rises below Butchers Ridge, and flows generally south, joined by one minor tributary, before reaching its confluence with the Buchan River west of Lucas Point in the Shire of East Gippsland. The river descends 647 metres (2,123 ft) over its 42-kilometre (26 mi) course.
At the locality of Murrindal, the river is traversed by the Gelantipy Road.
The traditional custodians of the land surrounding the upper reaches of the Murrindal River are the Australian Aboriginal Bidawal and Nindi-Ngudjam Ngarigu Monero peoples; while in its lower reaches, the Gunaikurnai people identify the land surrounding Buchan as their traditional country.
- "Murrindal River: 22029". Vicnames. Government of Victoria. 2 May 1966. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Map of Murrindal River, VIC". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Snowy River National Park". Explore national parks. Parks Victoria. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Buchan Caves Reserve". Explore national parks. Parks Victoria. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Snowy River National Park: park notes" (PDF). Parks Victoria. November 2013.
- "Snowy River sub-catchment". East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. Government of Victoria.
- "Snowy River - Catchment Map" (map). East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. Government of Victoria.
- East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority (2013). East Gippsland regional catchment strategy 2013 -2019 (PDF). Bairnsdale: East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. ISBN 978-0-9758164-6-2.
|This article about a location in Gippsland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a river in Victoria (Australia) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|