Murshidabad College of Engineering & Technology
|Type||Education and Research Institution|
|Location||Berhampore, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India
|Affiliations||West Bengal University of Technology|
Murshidabad College of Engineering & Technology (MCET), is a government supported engineering college located in Berhampore, West Bengal, India. It offers Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) at the undergraduate level operated under West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT)affiliated to All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The college was established in 1998 with the approval of AICTE and affiliated to Kalyani University with 120 students in 3 disciplines. After six months, it was shifted to its own campus where the Laboratories, Workshops, Classrooms, Library, Computer Centers and Hostels are all currently located.
The college established with the help Mr. Nripen Chowdhury, the then Sabhadhipati, Murshidabad Zill Parisad. On 8th August, 1998 the formal inauguration was made by Dr. Asim Dasgupta, Ex- Minister-In-Charge, Finance, Govt. of West Bengal. The College was shifted to its present location and was formally started on 4th August 2001, by Mr. Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, the then Hon'ble Chief Minister of West Bengal.
- Engineering - Civil Engineering
- Engineering - Computer Science Engineering
- Engineering - Information Technology
- Engineering - Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Engineering - Electrical Engineering
The campus is located at Banjethia, around 5 km away from Berhampore, the district town of Murshidabad district, West Bengal, India.
The institute possesses a library with text books, reference books, hand books, Magazines, Journals, periodicals, etc. which has 11,000 books exclusively for B.Tech students. There is a facility of "Book-bank" for SC/ST students sponsored by Government of West Bengal.
- "The Murshidabad College of Engineering and Technology". mcetbhb.net. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Murshidabad College of Engineering & Technology.|
- Handbook of Universities - Page 441
- West Bengal, beyond the millennium: essays in honour of Professor ... - Page 147
- 1999 IEEE 13th International Conference on Dielectric Liquids
- Directory Of Libraries In India3rd Rev. Ed. Vol# 2 - Page 775
- Intro. to Linear & Digital Control Systems - Arun K Ghosh, Former Principal, MCET
- Intro. to Measurement & Instrumentation - Arun K Ghosh, Former Principal, MCET
- Introduction to Instrumentation and Control - Arun K Ghosh, Former Principal, MCET
- The city of Berhampore
- Schools in Murshidabad