Inspector-General of Police
Soon after he was investigated on allegations of corruption related to the release of three members of illegal betting syndicates, however, Attorney-General Abdul Gani Patail ordered the Anti-Corruption Agency to close the investigations in July 2007 for lack of evidence. Two months later, it was announced that he would receive a two-year extension of his term to 13 September 2009, despite having reached the mandatory retirement age.
Finally, on 13 September 2010 Musa resigned as Inspector-General of Police after serving for more than 3 years. Subsequently, his deputy, Tan Sri Ismail Omar, was promoted to be the new Inspector-General. On the 29th of April, Musa was appointed as Pepakatan Rakyat's security advisor.
Musa Hassan who has Banjar descent, is the eldest son of Hassan Azhari, a Koran teacher and famous Qiraati in Malaysia. He received his education in Kuala Lumpur, and has two younger brothers: Dato' Fuad Hassan, a politician, and Dato' Jalaluddin Hassan, an actor. He was an old boy of Bukit Bintang Boys' Secondary School.
- "IGP's service extended because of his credibility, says PM". Bernama. 2007-09-10. Retrieved 2007-09-25.
- "Musa Hassan is new IGP". Malaysiakini. 2006-09-07. Archived from the original on 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2007-09-25.
- "AG orders Corruption Investigation against IGP closed". Bernama. 2007-07-27. Retrieved 2007-09-25.
- "Transition in police leadership". TheStar Online. 2010-03-16. Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- "I know who will replace Musa: Hishammuddin". Bernama. 2010-03-15. Archived from the original on March 16, 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- "Hishammuddin confirms IGP will be replaced". Sun2Surf. 2010-03-15. Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- "The IGP’s Ides of March — The Malaysian Insider". Malaysian Insider. 2010-03-15. Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- "Country's Top Cop bids Farewell after 41 years". Bernama. 2010-09-12. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Keturunan Banjar Di Malaysia Jadi Melayu Baru - ANTARA News Kalimantan Selatan - ANTARA News Kalimantan Selatan - Berita Terkini Kalimantan Selatan". Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Ustaz Hassan & his golden boys". New Straits Times. 2007-01-21. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- S Ramesh (2009) Malaysian police chief conferred with Distinguished Service Order, www.channelnewsasia.com