Inspector-General of Police
Soon after he was investigated on allegations of corruption related to the release of three members of illegal betting syndicates, however, Attorney-General Abdul Gani Patail ordered the Anti-Corruption Agency to close the investigations in July 2007 for lack of evidence. Two months later, it was announced that he would receive a two-year extension of his term to 13 September 2009, despite having reached the mandatory retirement age.
Finally, on 13 September 2010 Musa resigned as Inspector-General of Police after serving for more than 3 years. Subsequently, his deputy, Tan Sri Ismail Omar, was promoted to be the new Inspector-General. On 29 April, Musa was appointed as Pakatan Rakyat's security advisor.
Musa Hassan, a Malay of Banjarese descent, is the eldest son of Hassan Azhari, a Koran teacher and famous Qiraati in Malaysia. He received his education in Kuala Lumpur, and has two brothers, an elder one, Dato' Fuad Hassan, a politician (b.1949, d.2014), and a younger one, Dato' Jalaluddin Hassan (b.1954), an actor. He was an old boy of Bukit Bintang Boys' Secondary School.
- "IGP's service extended because of his credibility, says PM". Bernama. 10 September 2007. Retrieved 25 September 2007.
- "Musa Hassan is new IGP". Malaysiakini. 7 September 2006. Archived from the original on 11 September 2007. Retrieved 25 September 2007.
- "AG orders Corruption Investigation against IGP closed". Bernama. 27 July 2007. Retrieved 25 September 2007.
- "Transition in police leadership". TheStar Online. 16 March 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "I know who will replace Musa: Hishammuddin". Bernama. 15 March 2010. Archived from the original on 16 March 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Hishammuddin confirms IGP will be replaced". Sun2Surf. 15 March 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "The IGP's Ides of March — The Malaysian Insider". Malaysian Insider. 15 March 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Country's Top Cop bids Farewell after 41 years". Bernama. 12 September 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2010.
- "Keturunan Banjar Di Malaysia Jadi Melayu Baru - ANTARA News Kalimantan Selatan - ANTARA News Kalimantan Selatan - Berita Terkini Kalimantan Selatan". Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- "Ustaz Hassan & his golden boys". New Straits Times. 21 January 2007. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- S Ramesh (2009) Malaysian police chief conferred with Distinguished Service Order, www.channelnewsasia.com