Musashino Art University
Teikoku Art School (帝国美術学校, Teikoku Bijutsu Gakkō; meaning "imperial art school") was founded in 1929; in 1948 it became Musashino Art School (武蔵野美術学校, Musashino Bijutsu Gakkō), and in 1962 it became Musashino Art University. This is known[who?] as one of the leading art universities in Japan.
From its start, the university taught fine art and industrial design; it later added architecture, fashion, and other fields.
MAU has exchange agreements with universities in other countries. It has a graduate school that awards master's degrees and doctorates.
- Ume Aoki, manga artist
- Taku Aramasa, photographer
- Hiroki Endo, manga artist
- Seiichi Hishikawa, film maker, art director, photographer
- Koji Ishikawa, illustrator
- Satoshi Kon, anime director and manga artist
- Fusako Kuramochi, manga artist
- Ryū Murakami, novelist and film maker
- Yurie Nagashima, photographer
- Tatzu Nishi. instillation artist
- Yoshiharu Sekino, cultural anthropologist
- Soji Shimada, mystery novelist
- Yuko Shimizu, designer
- Keita Takahashi, game designer
- Yellow Tanabe, manga artist
- Yoshihiko Wada, painter
|This article on a Tokyo institute of higher education or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|