|Mark Wasley, Paul Kirwin, Paul Joseph, Gary Smith, Nick Preston, Phil Bridgen|
musclefood was founded in 2013 by Darren Beale. They initially targeted only the bodybuilding community, but it soon expanded to reach the customers in the UK and Europe which included celebrities and sports people. In 2015, musclefood launched the first protein pizza in the country. They signed the contracts with the three supermarket chains Sainsbury’s, Co-op and Spar to sell their products and also start selling their products online.
In January 2018, musclefood received £10 million funding from BGF to expand the business internationally. In the same year, musclefood's entered into health and exerciser market with the launch of Do The Unthinkable programme.
musclefood recalls more than 60 meat products after inspection by the Food Standards Agency. They found that supplier, DB Foods, was found to be using food which had the wrong use-by dates on the labels. As a result, musclefood urged clients not to eat a range of its products between January 25th 2018 - February 3rd 2018 and recalled their products.
- Gerrard, Bradley (2017-06-18). "Musclefood aims to bulk up sales in supermarkets". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "MuscleFood creates snacking range for Poundland". foodmanufacture.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- Robinson, Dan (2018-01-03). "Healthy food retailer behind 600-calorie protein pizza wins £10m investment". nottinghampost. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Musclefood.com Trust the Tractor | Red Tractor". www.redtractor.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Muscle Food secures GBP10m BGF investment". Private Equity Wire. 2018-01-02. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Muscle Food eyes UK grocers, embarks on international push". 2017-06-19. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Morrisons lists musclefood diet pizza range - FMCG Magazine". FMCG Magazine. 2018-02-01. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Muscle Food eyes new markets and retail channels". foodnavigator.com. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Co-op, Sainsbury's and Spar listings were just the beginning for this online food retailer | Business Advice". Business Advice. 2018-01-15. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "MuscleFood Secures Investment To Support Expansion Plans | KamCity". www.kamcity.com. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Muscle Food | BGF". BGF. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Muscle Food secures £10m from BGF". Growth Business. 2018-01-02. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Muscle Food receives £10m investment from BGF - FoodBev Media". www.foodbev.com. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Nottingham grocery disruptor, musclefood.com "ahref=https://www.musclefood.com/", lands major investment from BGF". Retail Times. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "I did MuscleFood's high protein diet plan - this is what happened". Metro. 2018-08-21. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "MuscleFood wins national food retailer award | Business Leader News". Business Leader Magazine. 2018-06-14. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Grocer Gold Awards 2018: all the winners revealed". The Grocer. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- "Musclefood launches unusual sweet meat BBQ range including Parma Violet pork steaks". Leicester Mercury. June 1, 2014.
- "Muscle Food forced to recall more than 60 meat products". The Independent. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- Perring, Rebecca (2018-02-09). "Muscle Food recall over 60 meat products after watchdog investigation". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- Badshah, Nadeem (2018-02-09). "Healthy eating firm's meat recalled in food safety scandal". The Times. ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- Glotz, Julia. "Use-by dates in spotlight again as FSA supplier audit prompts meat recall by Muscle Food". The Grocer. Retrieved 2018-08-29.