Muse Hassan Sheikh Sayid Abdulle
|Mussa Hassan Sheikh Abdulle
موسى حسن شيخ عبد الله
|Ambassador to Italy|
20 June 2013
|President of Somalia
20 August 2012 – 28 August 2012
|Prime Minister||Abdiweli Mohamed Ali|
|Preceded by||Sharif Sheikh Ahmed|
|Succeeded by||Mohamed Osman Jawari (Acting)|
|Interim speaker of Parliament|
20 August 2012 – 28 August 2012
|Preceded by||Sharif Hassan Sheikh Aden|
|Succeeded by||Mohamed Osman Jawari|
Muse Hassan Sheikh Abdulle (Somali: Muuse Xasan Sheekh Cabdulleh, Arabic: موسى حسن الشيخ سعيد عبد الله), also known as Musa Hassan Abdulle, is a senior Somali military figure and politician. He has been the acting president of Somalia and interim speaker of the Federal Parliament. Abdulle is Somalia's ambassador to Italy.
Abdulle was a prominent member of the Somali National Army. He was among the first three Somali cadets to graduate from the Military Academy of Modena (Accademia Militare di Modena), located in Modena, northern Italy.
Abdulle later returned to Somalia. He rose to the rank of brigadier general in the Somali Armed Forces. He retired from the military in 1989.
Federal Government of Somalia
Federal Parliament and interim presidency
Following the end of the mandate of the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) on 20 August 2012 and the concurrent start of the Federal Government of Somalia, Abdulle, as the eldest legislator, was appointed interim speaker of the new Federal Parliament during its inaugural session held at the Aden Adde International Airport in Mogadishu. He was additionally named Acting President at the ceremony, which also saw the swearing in of many MPs. Voting for a new speaker of Parliament was held on 28 August 2012, with former Minister of Transportation and Minister of Labor and Sports Mohamed Osman Jawari elected the permanent speaker.
On 30 August 2012, the Federal Parliament convened and unanimously endorsed a new committee tasked with overseeing Somalia's 2012 presidential elections. At the parliamentary session chaired by the new Speaker Jawari, 15 MPs were named to the body and Abdulle was appointed as the commission's chairperson. The ballot was eventually held on 1 September 2012, with Hassan Sheikh Mohamud elected as the new President of Somalia.
Ambassador to Italy
On 20 June 2013, Abdulle was named Somalia's ambassador to Italy by the cabinet.
Military training and positions
- National Defense University, Washington, D.C. – Class of 1986
- Scuola di Guerra (War College), Civitavecchia, Italy – 1968–70
- Battalion Commander Training, Mogadishu, Somalia – 1964–65
- Scuola Applicazione DArma (Military Research Institute), Turin, Italy – 1961–63
- Modena Military Academy, Modena, Italy – 1959–61
- Scuola Media Superiore (High School), Mogadishu – 1955–59
- Commander, 60th Army Division, Baidoa, Somalia – 1986–89
- Promoted to the rank of brigadier general – 1986
- Commandant, Ahmed Gurey War College, Mogadishu – 1983–84
- Member, National Purchasing Board, Mogadishu – 1979–83
- Defense Attache, Rome, Italy – 1976–79
- Military Advisor & Aide to the President – 1973–76
- Promoted to the rank of colonel – 1974
- Director of Operations, Ministry of Defense – 1971–73
- Commander, 26th Army Division, Hargeisa – 1970–71
- Promoted to the rank of lieutenant colonel – 1970
- Commander, Tank and motorized Battalions, Hargeisa – 1965–68
- Promoted to the rank of major – 1967
- Promoted to the rank of captain – 1965
- Promoted to the rank of 1st lieutenant – 1963
- Promoted to the rank of 2nd lieutenant – 1961
- Joined Somali National Army – 1959
- "Somalia: UN Envoy Says Inauguration of New Parliament in Somalia 'Historic Moment'". Forum on China-Africa Cooperation. 21 August 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Visit of Catherine Ashton, Vice-President of the EC, to Somalia". European Commission. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- Adan, Ahmed (20 June 2013). "Somalia:Council of Ministers appoints five new Somali Ambassadors". Midnimo.com. Retrieved September 5, 2013.
- "Federal legislators" (PDF). Bar-Kulan. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "ALLIEVI SOMALI DEL 141° Corso Accademia Militare Modena 1959/1961". Association of Somali Former Cadets of Modena Military Academy. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- International Student Management Office. "Class of 1986 – Class of 1995". National Defense University. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Muse Hassan, 72, elected caretaker Parliament Speaker". Associated Press. 20 August 2012. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Office of the President". Office of the Somali President. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "August 2012 - Somalia". Rulers.org. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Somali Parliament Elects Speaker for New Gov't". Voice of America. 28 August 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "SOMALIA: New Parliament endorses presidential election commission". RBC Radio. 30 August 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- Somali lawmakers elect Mohamud as next president
Sharif Sheikh Ahmed
|Acting President of Somalia
Mohamed Osman Jawari