Type of site
|Available in||English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian|
|Founder(s)||Alessandro Petazzi, Claudio Bellinzona, Fabio Zecchini, Paolo Giulini|
|Alexa rank||76,079 (Global, 11/2017)|
Musement is an online platform for activities, tours, museums, shows and art events which launched in March 2014  a service initially focused in Europe and then progressively expanding to the rest of the world. Musement aggregates third-party activities and tickets for users to book online. Tour suppliers have access to upload and manage various activities through the platform. The company's offers are available via website, iOS and Android. Once a customer books an activity, he or she receives a digital voucher or e-ticket for the reservation which can be saved on their device or printed. The company has four major competitors in this market, Viator (acquired by TripAdvisor), GetYourGuide, Berlin-based startup, Klook, Hong Kong-based startup, and Peek.com, a U.S.-based startup. The headquarters are located in Milan.
Founded in mid-2013, Musement is an Italian-based start-up that secured funding from 360 Capital Partners (previously invested in YOOX, MutuiOnline), Italian Angels for Growth and other investors in September 2013. It closed $10 million in Series B funding in 2016. Musement acquired Triposo in October 2017.
- Taneja, Shweta (May 13, 2014). "Holidays can be a breeze". Mint.
- "Musement: About Us". Musement.
- O'Neil, Sean (June 9, 2014). "Startup pitch: Well funded Musement helps travelers skip queues at top sights". Phocuswire.
- O'Neill, Sean (November 2, 2017). "Tours and Activities Site GetYourGuide Secures a $75 Million Funding Round". Skift.
- O'Neill, Sean (October 11, 2017). "Leading Companies in Tours and Activities Emerge But There Is Still a Vast Sprawl of Competitors Below". Skift.
- "Venture Capital and Startups made in Italy: Musement raises €690k from 360 Capital Partners and IAG (Italian Angels for Growth) to expand internationally". Venturecapitaly. 2013-10-31. Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "La startup Musement raccoglie 690mila euro". Il Sole 24 ORE. Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "Musement, a "digital travel companion" and ticketing platform, raises $10M Series B". Techcrunch. November 15, 2016.
- Fox, Linda (10 October 2017). "Consolidation in tours and activities as Musement acquires Triposo". Phocuswire.
- "TUI group acquires italian startup Musement".
- Peltier, Dan (September 14, 2018). "TUI Group Buys Musement as Tours and Activities Sector Stays Hot for Deals". Skift.
- Official website