Museum of Coastal Carolina
|Established||May 25, 1991 |
|Location||21 East Second Street, Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina|
|Type||Natural History museum|
|Director||Terry Bryant, Executive Director, Ocean Isle Museum Foundation, Inc.|
The Museum of Coastal Carolina is a natural history museum located at Ocean Isle Beach in Brunswick County, North Carolina. Animal exhibits include an aquarium and a touch tank with live sea animals, shells, fossils, insects, a display about sharks, live snakes, bird dioramas and an ocean reef diorama that includes life-sized models of whales, sharks, sea turtles and rays. Other exhibits include river basins, the effects of storm water runoff and beach litter on the water's ecology, barrier islands and tides. The museum also includes displays of local and maritime history, including shipbuilding and area Native Americans.
The Board of Trustees of the Ocean Isle Museum Foundation, Inc. is the governing body of the Ingram Planetarium, located 4 miles away in Sunset Beach, North Carolina, as well as the Museum of Coastal Carolina.
- "Welcome to the Museum of Coastal Carolina, About Us". Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "Museum of Coastal Carolina". Ocean Isle Beach Vacations. May 11, 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Fun day of learning at Museum of Coastal Carolina & Ingram Planetarium". Coastal Montessori Charter School. October 30, 2014. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Official site". Ocean Isle Beach Sea Turtle Protection Organization. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Ingram Planetarium, About Us". Retrieved 2010-06-25.