Museum of Creation and Earth History
The Museum of Creation and Earth History is a young earth creationist promotional facility opened by the Institute for Creation Research at its original headquarters in Santee, California in 1992, replacing an earlier museum located in the Institute's basement. It cost $50,000, and took 2 years to complete.
The exhibits claim to prove that the Earth is no older than about 10,000 years, and suggest that man and dinosaurs coexisted before Noah's flood, which also created the Grand Canyon. Also featured are an interpreted walk through the Garden of Eden with a literal depiction of the six days in the Genesis, a dark room with pictures of the planets and stars, scale models of Noah's Ark and the Tower of Babel, an Ice Age room, the Canyon Wall, describing how the Grand Canyon was formed in a matter of weeks or months, rather than the millions of years posited by most geologists, and the Hall of Scholars with pictures and biographies of scientists who believed in creationism rather than accepting evolution. It also has a display about the ICR's RATE project, an effort, in conjunction with other young Earth creationist organizations, to find evidence of a young earth.
In 2013 the Museum was denied accreditation by the San Diego Museum Council.
- Granberry, Michael (21 September 1992). "Creationist Exhibit Displays Unique World View Philosophy: The new Museum of Creation and Earth History is devoted to the anti-evolutionary philosophy that the world was created over a period of days, not billions of years". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "Museum Pushes Creationism", Associated Press, in The Press-Courier, Sep 20, 1992. Retrieved from Google News 2013-05-18.
- Murashko, Alex (25 September 2011). "San Diego Creation Museum: New Human Anatomy Exhibit Evidence of Creato". Christian Post. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "A Museum That Lies Far, Far Off the Path of Science", Patt Morrison, Los Angeles Times, January 19, 2005.
- Carone, Angela (13 November 2013). "Creation Museum Denied Membership By San Diego Museum Council". KPBS. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|This creationism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This California museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|