Museum of Work
The Museum of Work (Arbetetsmuseum) is a museum located in Norrköping, Sweden. The museum is located in the Strykjärn, a former weaving mill in the old industrial area on the Motala ström river in the city centre of Norrköping. The former textile factory Holmens Bruks och Fabriks operated in the building from 1917–1962.
The museum documents work and everyday life by collecting personal stories about people's professional lives from both the past and the present. The museum's archive contain material from memory collections and documentation projects.
Since 2009, the museum also houses the EWK - Center for Political Illustration Art, which is based on work of the satirist Ewert Karlsson (1918–2004). For decades he was frequently published in the Swedish tabloid, Aftonbladet.
- "Norrköping Strykjärnet". nt.se. Retrieved 1 December 2019.
- "Arbetets Museum". guidebook-sweden.com. Retrieved 1 December 2019.
- "Holmens bruks och fabriks". loc.gov. Retrieved 1 December 2019.
- "The Museum of Work (Arbetets museum)". norrkoping.se. Retrieved 1 December 2019.
- "Ewert Karlsson". wordpress.com. Retrieved 1 December 2019.
- "Ewert Karlsson (1918–2004) also known as: EWK". artsignaturedictionary.com. Retrieved 1 December 2019.