List of museums in the Louisville metropolitan area
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Museums of Louisville, Kentucky)
- 21c Museum Hotel
- Carnegie Center for Art & History (New Albany, Indiana)
- Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft
- Speed Art Museum
- Falls of the Ohio State Park interpretive center, a museum covering the natural history related to findings in the nearby exposed Devonian fossil beds as well as the human history of the Louisville area
- The Filson Historical Society, features a museum and extensive historical collections, currently undergoing major expansion
- Historic Locust Grove Visitors Center, which includes a museum
- Howard Steamboat Museum (Jeffersonville, Indiana)
- Kentucky Derby Museum
- Kentucky Railway Museum (New Haven)
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
- My Old Kentucky Home State Park (Bardstown)
- Portland Museum
- Riverside, The Farnsley-Moremen Landing Visitors Center, which includes a museum
- Thomas Edison House
- Whitney Young Birthplace and Museum
- Evan Williams Bourbon Experience, located on Louisville's Whiskey Row, featuring bourbon history and tastings, and interprets Louisville's wharf history in the 1790s
- Heaven Hill Distilleries Bourbon Heritage Center (Bardstown)
- Jim Beam American Stillhouse (Clermont)
- Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History (Bardstown)
- Bardstown Historical Museum (Bardstown)
- Corydon Capitol State Historic Site (Corydon, Indiana)
- Historic Middletown Museum
- Jeffersontown Historical Museum (Jeffersontown)
- The Bullitt County History Museum (Shepherdsville)
- Clark County Museum (Jeffersonville, Indiana)
- Henry County Historical Society (New Castle)
- Oldham County History Center (La Grange)
U.S. and world history
- Museum of the American Printing House for the Blind
- Civil War Museum (Bardstown), including the Civil War Museum of the Western Theater, Pioneer Village, Women's Civil War Museum, War Memorial of Mid America and the Wildlife Museum
- Frazier History Museum, features war weaponry and related historical artifacts, especially focusing on British and U.S. conflicts
- John Hay Center
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, showcases the history of the Louisville Slugger and baseball in general
- National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution, features a historical museum and a genealogical collection
- General George Patton Museum of Leadership (Fort Knox)
- Kentucky Science Center, hands-on science museum featuring a four-story digital theater
- Louisville WaterWorks Museum, located at the Louisville Water Tower
- Muhammad Ali Center
- Schimpff's Candy Museum (Jeffersonville)
- Thomas Merton Center
- "Evan Williams Bourbon". Evan Williams Bourbon. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Heaven Hill Bourbon Distillery - Bourbon Heritage Center". bourbonheritagecenter.com. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Kentucky Distillery - Jim Beam American Stillhouse". americanstillhouse.com. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Visit Middletown Historic Museum Open Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.". City of Middletown Kentucky. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- "Jeffersontown, KY - Official Website - Museum". jeffersontownky.com. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "The Bullitt County History Museum". bullittcountyhistory.org. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Esarey, Jenna (February 10, 2017). "Clark County Museum opens in Jeffersonville". The Courier-Journal. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- Joyce K. Meyer. "Henry County History". henrycountyky.com. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Oldham County Historical Society". Oldham County Historical Society. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Schimpff's Confectionery - Museum". Retrieved October 3, 2014.