From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the crowdfunding platform, see MusicBee (crowdfunding).
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
MusicBee 1.2.4139 running on Windows 7
|Initial release||December 4, 2008|
3.0.6276 / March 10, 2017
|Written in||VB.NET|
|Operating system||Windows XP or later|
- Audio playback: MP3, AAC, M4A, MPC, OGG, FLAC, APE, Opus, TAK, WavPack, WMA and WAV.
- CDDA support: playback and ripping (CD-Text-capable) of audio CDs. Tracks can be ripped (in fast or secure mode), as individual files or as a single album with embedded cuesheet.
- Synchronization: ability to sync content from local libraries with external devices (including iOS 3.0-based and earlier), and import libraries from iTunes and Windows Media Player.
- File converter: single/batch file conversion from/to all supported audio formats, with original metadata preserved. In dealing with identical output files instances, provided that re-encoding is unnecessary, the process has optional instructions for selective skipping in favor of performing a tag-only synchronization.
- Gapless playback: eliminates the timing related artifacts in transitions between consecutive audio tracks to provide a relatively uninterrupted listening experience.
- ReplayGain: performs normalization of volume levels among individual tracks, equalizing their perceived loudness to achieve a more seamless playlist progression.
- Library management: find, organize and rename music into particular folders and files based on any combination of audio tag values such as artist, album, track number, or other metadata. MusicBee can be configured to monitor and perform this task automatically for select libraries, while at the same time allowing users to take manual control on a case-by-case basis.
- Scrobbling: ability to share current playback information from MusicBee to Last.fm.
- Look and feel customization: the layout and appearance of various player elements is open for extensive modification, including adjustable key bindings.
- MiniLyrics integration: for display and editing of song lyrics synchronized to audio files.
- Built-in WASAPI and ASIO sound card interfaces.
- Auto DJ: a user-programmable playlist generator, expanding beyond capabilities of the default shuffle presets and settings.
- Sleep & Shutdown modes, for scheduled exit with gradual volume fade out function.
- Web scraping: integrates Fanart.tv, and similar providers, to retrieve high-quality pictures of artists and album covers for music in library.
- Plug-in support: additional features in the form of community extensions (see below).
- Custom skins
- MilkDrop music visualization
- Web Browser: analyses web pages for MP3 files, presenting the results for user to playback/download.
- Subsonic client
- Additional audio tagging tools
- MusicBee – Full-Featured Free Music Manager
- MusicBee, a Web-Centric Music Manager
- MusicBee is a Fast and Powerful Music Manager
- Free Music Player, Organizer, Tagger and More
- MusicBee: A Swiss Army Knife Media Manager For Your Music Collections
- A Powerful Digital Music Library Manager Program
- Free Player MusicBee Floats Like a Butterfly
|This music software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|