Music Is My Hot Hot Sex
|"Music Is My Hot Hot Sex"|
|Single by Cansei de Ser Sexy|
|from the album Cansei de Ser Sexy|
|Label||Sub Pop, WEA/Warner|
|Cansei de Ser Sexy singles chronology|
An 18-year-old British student, Nick Haley, used the song in a homemade 30-second commercial for the iPod touch that he created and then posted on the video sharing site YouTube on September 11, 2007. Creative executives from Apple's advertising agency, TBWA\Chiat\Day, saw Haley's creation, contacted him and enlisted him to remake it as a broadcast version. The spot began airing in the U.S. on October 28, 2007.
No official video has been released for this single. An unofficial fan-produced video received an overwhelmingly large number of views on YouTube. It was removed from the YouTube most-viewed list for a short time pending an investigation by YouTube, but was then reinstated. On March 15, 2008 the poster of this fan video removed it from YouTube, though it remained on the most-viewed list for a short time afterwards.
- Cesar Menendez (2006-11-02). "Zune.net; Zune-Arts.net: Live". zuneinsider.com. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- Student’s Ad Gets a Remake, and Makes the Big Time; October 26, 2007, New York Times; Stuart Elliott, Retrieved on 2007-11-11
- AppleInsider Staff (2007-10-26). "Apple to air student-made TV ad". appleinsider.com. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- "Numbers don't add up - Sydney Morning Herald". The Sydney Morning Herald. 2008-03-06.
- "YouTube questions Hot Sex video".
- "List of YouTube videos by all-time views".