This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Hyeong Sik Yun|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
Musicshake (Korean: 뮤직쉐이크) is a Korean web service that allows the general public without any knowledge of music to create their own music with simple steps/clicks based on more than half a million different ‘modules’.
The company is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, and has a United States office in Los Angeles, California. The California office is in charge of sales, marketing, product development and devising strategies for the US and Global market. Musicshake sells and application used to combine music samples to create tracks that can be downloaded as MP3. Downloading the app application and creating the music is free, but there is a charge for downloading. Musicshake uses its own virtual currency called Shake Cash.
Musicshake released its closed beta in South Korea in May 2007 and in the US in September 2007 on the day the company presented at TechCrunch 40. In June 2009, Musicshake announced that they had succeeded in developing a Flash-based Musicshake application available in a widgetized form.
In July 2007, Musicshake launched Cyworld-Musicshake services that allow Cyworld users to create their own music with a specially designed Musicshake application for Cyworld. They can then post their creations on Cyworld Music Charts and purchase their own creations with Cyworld's virtual currency Acorns to embed the music as their background music for "mini-hompies." Musicshake has held various user participated events on Cyworld.
Nexon, the online gaming company, is a strategic investor in Musicshake and Musicshake has held several events with Audition Online which is now serviced by Redbana US. Nexon America and Musicshake held events inviting Audition gamers to use Musicshake to create their own tracks to be featured in-game.
Musicshake is a Premium Audio Partner for YouTube's AudioSwap services. YouTube users can browse through and choose tracks from the AudioSwap library and embed the tracks as background music for their YouTube videos.
- March 2005 - Musicshake is incorporated as Silentmusicband in Seoul, South Korea.
- May 2007 - Musicshake starts beta services in South Korea.
- July 2007 - Musicshake and Cyworld launch Cyworld - Musicshake services.
- September 2007 - Musicshake is selected as a TechCrunch 40 finalist.
- February 2008 - Musicshake US is incorporated in Los Angeles, California.
- September 2008 - Musicshake announces partnership with YouTube as one of the audio providers for AudioSwap.
- June 2009 - Musicshake announces the availability of a Flash-based Musicshake Widget.
- NEXON, Musicshake announce Audition mixer contest - MultiPlayer Daily Games News 2008-5-1
- TechCrunch40: MusicShake Charms Audience, Expert Panel Alike - Wired.com 2007-9-17
- Time-Waster Alert: MusicShake Widgetizes Its Soundmixing Service - TechCrunch 2009-5-27