Muslim American Society
The Muslim American Society (MAS) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1993, and headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, that describes itself as an Islamic revival and reform movement. Its founding member were mainly foreign students of Arab descent.
It was created by the Muslim Brotherhood, after a debate among Muslim Brotherhood members in the U.S. about whether to remain underground, or to have a public face. The Moslem Brotherhood was created in Egypt in 1928, and is committed to the globalization of Islam by means of social engineering and violent jihad.
MAS has instructed its members to evade questions about the group's ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, and to define jihad as a "divine legal right" of Muslims to be used for defense and the spread of Islam. MAS leaders have said that these views are not now held by MAS leaders.
MAS has participated in interfaith dialogue with the U.S. Bishops' Committee for Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs.
- "The North American Muslim resource guide: Muslim community life in the United States and Canada, Mohamed Nimer, Taylor & Francis, 2002, ISBN 0415937280".
- "Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America, Brigitte Gabriel, Macmillan, 2008, ISBN 0312358385".
- "They Must Be Stopped: Why We Must Defeat Radical Islam and How We Can Do It, Brigitte Gabriel,Macmillan, 2008, ISBN 0312383630".
- "Infiltration: how Muslim spies and subversives have penetrated Washington, Paul Sperry, Thomas Nelson Inc, 2005, ISBN 1595550038".
- "A rare look at secretive Brotherhood in America" http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/watchdog/chi-0409190261sep19,0,7534398,print.story
- ."A rare look at secretive Brotherhood in America" http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/watchdog/chi-0409190261sep19,0,7534398,print.story
- Muslim American Society, Retrieved 2007-10-21
- "UAE Includes 2 US Muslim Groups on Terror List". Voice of America. 17 November 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
Nafeesa Syeed (17 November 2014). "Two U.S. Islamic Groups Called Terrorist by U.A.E.". Bloomberg. Retrieved 24 January 2015.